What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (91 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All accessories getting power. Lights, windows, a/c. Battery has full charge.

When I turn it to start all kinds of warning lights illuminate. - brakes, oil, at oil temp, CEL. Looks like Christmas.

No clicking. No response from the starter.

Solenoid? EFI relay?
Based on my quick read of your issue it probably isn't the feasible links. However, any electrical issue that is the very first thing I replace / check out on an 80.

Sound deadened both front doors today in perp of upgrading front speakers. Passenger door took several hours as I really didn’t know what the heck I was doing :). Driver’s door took considerably less time…
I took safety precautions with gloves and welders sleeves. Kept cuts and scrapes to a minimum 🛟

View attachment 3135407

View attachment 3135408

View attachment 3135412
Looks good, I have two of my doors sounded. It is a pretty labor-intensive process isn't it. I prepped the inside of my doors with isopropyl alcohol to make sure I had really good adhesion with the material.

I'm looking for upgraded speakers as well, have you chosen a brand and model that will work?

Never thought I would consider the snorkel as needed for water crossing in the Sierras, I thought for sure my snorkel was for intake air temperatures and dust.

Really, really glad I had it.

Also super happy with the IAT and this refreshed 1fz is thankful.

Screenshot_20220922-175642.png

Screenshot_20221009-085811.png

That is an insufficient EGR flow code, I'd be looking at that system, not the cats to start with.
I tried to work on that this weekend. People say you *can* change out that EGR VSV without removing the manifold but honestly, and I have tiny hands, forget it. LOL

Nice I’m planning to do the same on my 97 Lc CDL , can you dis engaged the CDL while you moving ? or you still have to stop to engage / dis engage.
You can turn on/off the CDL while moving fast/slow.

However, the truck is more stable on slick roads with it off.

If there is 6" snow on the road, then turn it on.

Washed it to take a few posser shots.
Haven't done much to the Adventure Rig lately, it's been on daily duty.:steer:
I did manage to repaint the faded bead rings, it took two months to complete all four though.
I also relocated the steering cooler from my winch plate to the normal spot most mount it.
Then I rotated back my winch control back 90* degrees to allow more air to the radiator.
Next job will be some tweaks to the front bumper & maybe color match paint in the flavor of Champane ??? Or should I go with the cladding color?
20221009_164506.jpg

20221009_164603.jpg

Now Lexy is just sitting all lonesome like in her parking spot wait for me to get off the night shift to take me home.
20221009_182344.jpg

Last edited:
Sound deadened both front doors today in perp of upgrading front speakers. Passenger door took several hours as I really didn’t know what the heck I was doing :). Driver’s door took considerably less time…
I took safety precautions with gloves and welders sleeves. Kept cuts and scrapes to a minimum 🛟

I think our weekend was very similar. I decided to install front and rear speakers with sound deadening. I also replaced the door checks on all four doors. Was surprised when I pulled one and it was missing the actual stopper. Weird what a small difference they make.

The install took a long time since I opted to install the speakers using rivnuts / nutserts since none of the speakers were a direct fit. It also took a while to get the door cleaned and prepped, and even longer for the exterior of the door after cutting and trimming out around all of the hardware, wiring, and moving door parts. After the extra time it took to measure, prep, cut out all of the door speaker locations, install appropriate hardware, and wait for more sound-deadening material to get delivered; I only managed to get the front PS door done. The rest will have to wait.

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out an alternative for the door panel/ door cards. It was obvious that they had been removed several other times before my ownership as well as water damaged from window belting and window seals that failed many years ago. Wondering if anyone has ever pursued an alternative?

Old v New 1.jpg

Old v New.jpg

PS Door 1.jpg

PS Door.jpg

PS R Door 1.jpg

PS R Door.jpg

Front door check.jpg

Last edited:
Camped above Sedona: Edge of World

And guided a buddy around Broken Arrow in Sedona.

Zona

2299BB35-3DE8-4F9A-B327-D28EA6C3F20B.jpeg

52D562D9-9D2E-4424-B8E0-4576AB90812F.jpeg

A582AA64-6030-4D72-9F03-355A6225EE6D.jpeg

B443DBFD-9569-4E9D-8FBA-E42F29CCA823.jpeg

F198E0BD-41F3-4CD1-80DC-9B3F2D54A585.jpeg

Visited it in the tow yard after hitting some 86-year-old doofus who was driving at a 90-degree angle to I-40 eastbound traffic outside of Albuquerque.
At 70 mph...

I think our weekend was very similar. I decided to install front and rear speakers with sound deadening. I also replaced the door checks on all four doors. Was surprised when I pulled one and it was missing the actual stopper. Weird what a small difference they make.

The install took a long time since I opted to install the speakers using rivnuts / nutserts since none of the speakers were a direct fit. It also took a while to get the door cleaned and prepped, and even longer for the exterior of the door after cutting and trimming out around all of the hardware, wiring, and moving door parts. After the extra time it took to measure, prep, cut out all of the door speaker locations, install appropriate hardware, and wait for more sound-deadening material to get delivered; I only managed to get the front PS door done. The rest will have to wait.

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out an alternative for the door panel/ door cards. It was obvious that they had been removed several other times before my ownership as well as water damaged from window belting and window seals that failed many years ago. Wondering if anyone has ever pursued an alternative?

View attachment 3136741

View attachment 3136742

View attachment 3136743

View attachment 3136745

View attachment 3136746

View attachment 3136747

View attachment 3136756
Very nice.. How do you like the polks? Any issues with fit? They have the same depth as the Kickers I am eyeing.. Did you run new speaker cable? What amplification are you using? Thanks dg

Nope. Not related at all.

Not unless you messed with wiring someplace.
You really called it @BILT4ME . It turns out that if you mess with wiring like you stated above, they are, in fact related.

The shop that installed my alarm and the HuddExpo kill switch tapped the kill switch into the 30a DIFF fuse. When it blew it took out the kill switch. Cheap and easy to fix but still a pain in the ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom