94 window channel metal inside the door help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks! So I replaced a window regulator/ motor assembly in the passenger side with a cardone one from rock auto… kudos to that one… however my drivers was pretty messed up so I dove into it only to find that the whole lower metal channel was removed. The brace is still there on the bottom but no channel… it’s not laying down in the door either. Is this a piece I can buy somewhere or has anyone else had any issues here? I wonder if perhaps the speaker situation made the previous owner mess with it and they just broke it off… it wouldn’t really ever go up or down as it should have since I bought it six months ago… American so it would be the front left door… thanks in advance for the help!

D91368EA-AA59-4A58-9D6B-B7C5775969A8.jpeg

3567053D-DC7B-4204-B6AC-1365CEF210F7.jpeg

Hey folks! So I replaced a window regulator/ motor assembly in the passenger side with a cardone one from rock auto… kudos to that one… however my drivers was pretty messed up so I dove into it only to find that the whole lower metal channel was removed. The brace is still there on the bottom but no channel… it’s not laying down in the door either. Is this a piece I can buy somewhere or has anyone else had any issues here? I wonder if perhaps the speaker situation made the previous owner mess with it and they just broke it off… it wouldn’t really ever go up or down as it should have since I bought it six months ago… American so it would be the front left door… thanks in advance for the help!

View attachment 3136931

View attachment 3136933
Are you talking about the channel track that is vertical inside the door? Towards the front or rear of the door?

Or the horizontal channel that the glass sits in at the bottom of the glass?

Try lifting the glass up manually then look at the bottom edge, take a photo of what's attached and post it up.

@tjhipsher ha, my Land Cruiser had a similar hack when I bought it. The driver's window was held up by a wood screw through the inner door panel, and the rear passenger door was held up with a stick of wood like yours.

Here's the front door diagram:

69901-60010 Channel Sub-Assy, Front Door Glass, Rh [08.1992 - 12.2006] FZJ80,HDJ80,HZJ80

69902-60010 Channel Sub-Assy, Front Door Glass, Lh [08.1992 - 12.2006] FZJ80,HDJ80,HZJ80

You'd also need the rubber filler that goes between the glass channel and the window glass:

69971-60020 Filler, Front Door Glass Channel [08.1992 - 12.2006] FZJ80,HDJ80,HZJ80

This, of course, is assuming that you're truly missing these parts. Like others said, take a look and see exactly what's missing.

I just bought some of these parts from Amayama Japan. The prices are great, but currently orders are backed up a bit. I think they had a holiday and then renovated their warehouse or something. Just FYI.

Are you talking about the channel track that is vertical inside the door? Towards the front or rear of the door?

Or the horizontal channel that the glass sits in at the bottom of the glass?
The vertical one to the front of the door. The support brace is still there but the metal Channel behind the speaker is gone…
@tjhipsher ha, my Land Cruiser had a similar hack when I bought it. The driver's window was held up by a wood screw through the inner door panel, and the rear passenger door was held up with a stick of wood like yours.

Here's the front door diagram:

69901-60010 Channel Sub-Assy, Front Door Glass, Rh [08.1992 - 12.2006] FZJ80,HDJ80,HZJ80

69902-60010 Channel Sub-Assy, Front Door Glass, Lh [08.1992 - 12.2006] FZJ80,HDJ80,HZJ80

You'd also need the rubber filler that goes between the glass channel and the window glass:

69971-60020 Filler, Front Door Glass Channel [08.1992 - 12.2006] FZJ80,HDJ80,HZJ80

This, of course, is assuming that you're truly missing these parts. Like others said, take a look and see exactly what's missing.

I just bought some of these parts from Amayama Japan. The prices are great, but currently orders are backed up a bit. I think they had a holiday and then renovated their warehouse or something. Just FYI.
it’s not the part of the regulator and where it attaches to the window… it’s more like the part of the door that the window rubber goes into and the window travels up and down in it…. It’s a pice of Chanel about 20 inches or so that has a slight bend in it for the glass to travel up and down…. It attaches up under like where the mirror is and travels down and attaches below the speaker…. Thank you!

OK, I re-read the original posts and looked closer at the photos:

The metal channel (for the rubber glass run) is either missing or out of place for the front left door.

Normally for the front doors the front channel (for the rubber glass run) should be immediately behind the front speaker. That channel is fixed and not removable AFAIK.

@tjhipsher : it would help if you removed the window glass (pull up and out the top), then remove the motor and regulator if they're still in place.

Then poke a camera inside the door cavity via the large access opening and take a few photos looking forward, rearward, upward, and downward to show what's mssing, bent, or if something has fallen to the bottom of the door.

Will post a photo for comparison when I can find it.

Last edited:
OK, I re-read the original posts and looked closer at the photos:

The metal channel (for the rubber glass run) is either missing or out of place for the front left door.

Normally for the front doors the front channel (for the rubber glass run) should be immediately behind the front speaker. That channel is fixed and not removable AFAIK.

@tjhipsher : it would help if you removed the window glass (pull up and out the top), then remove the motor and regulator if they're still in place.
6556B558-2698-4554-9C76-D3E216EF8D75.jpeg

Then poke a camera inside the door cavity via the large access opening and take a few photos looking forward, rearward, upward, and downward to show what's mssing, bent, or if something has fallen to the bottom of the door.

Will post a photo for comparison when I can find it.
Sorry I’m just getting back to this little deal… but here is some photos… the window motor and regulator are working and in place as they should… and yes here is some pictures of the one that is missing the channel and the opposing door where it is still in place…
6C53F141-734A-4B3C-B38F-32AFD3F6EA68.jpeg
B24E24B7-3C16-4DBC-AF71-8DA5ED747F2E.jpeg
72FDF547-14CB-4325-A141-2EAD20166AD9.jpeg
2CCDCCB8-FE47-4625-B87D-9D2E90EABD21.jpeg

Looks like that channel is missing. Not sure how that would be fixed
without the channel which someone with skills could try to tack weld it back in place if you had the part. That channel likely was installed while the door was being built but before the outer sheet metal was attached. WAG.

AFAIK that front channel is not available as a separate piece either way, so the only fix might be to replace the whole door from a parted out vehicle??

Not sure if this has been answered, but I was just dealing with a related issue. Turns out that lower portion of the track IS a replaceable part. The bracket in the door unbolts from the lower rear corner of the door. I was lucky and still had the channel and just had it welded back together. I can’t seem to confirm a part number, but I’ll post if I find it just for the public record.

Are you working on the front channel or the rear channel for a front door??
The original discussion was concerning the front channel.

The rear channel of a front door does have a separate lower section that can be removed/replaced.

FZJ80 front door body components.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom