Vredestein Pinza AT Tire. What do you know or have experienced with this tire? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

YezusLX

SILVER Star
Threads
Yep,
It's that time again. The ole Saturday morning pound the coffee/hair of the dog, cut the grass, fix the garage door, yell at the kids to get off your lawn, and generally try to remember everything you have put off all week while attempting to get it done before all the football games start.

It's way past tire time for me and I have been scouring the threads here. I am a Michelin man both in looks and product loyalty. Simply because they just work. Not the greatest looking but I have never had to worry about them failing to perform. Of course, you could add BF Goodrich in there being that Michelin owns or has some in-depth control there.

Having said all this. I have come across the Vredestin Pinza AT. I have experience with this company on high-performance vehicles, specifically European vehicles like Porsche, and Mercedes AMG.
What strikes me about this tire is an 8-year 70k mile treadwear rating. Along with probably the most important factor 46 lbs in a 285/65/18 E-rated. They might as well be clouds. Great wet weather traction and quiet on-road behavior. I am seriously considering checking these out. Just thought I would throw these out there and see what you all think. Feel free to make fun of this ridiculousness if I am way off. Being that this tire brand is more prevalent overseas I hope some of our members from the other side will chime in with their opinions as well.

I'm nearing needing new tires... these seem to offer everything I want in an A/T, and look quite nice, actually too! Interested in hearing what others have to say.

It appears that these are a new release for Vredestein. But here's the CTO and Tire review dude at Tire Rack. Breaks down the P-rated AT (3-ply) and shows it on a new Taco.

The tread really doesn't look any different than my Defenders.

Plus my Defenders say "mud" on the side. So, you know, I think that covers it.
They need a giant New Balance N on the side so you know they are legit.

I like the severe snow rating along with everything else. I’ve never heard of the brand, but I’d be tempted to buy them if I needed them.
I saw that they have the "official" snowflake on them. I learned of this brand from some folks down in South Africa. They were using them on their SL63 S and Cayenne GTS here in the states. The way they beat on those vehicles I was pretty impressed with those tires. Especially, since both vehicles are not the lightest. Most of what I have seen from Vredestein is usually for classic cars overseas and high-performance track work worldwide. Recently, I believe they did the classic Porsche (Pre 1957 production) Miglia rally. They do a pretty extensive job of testing. I know Coker tire, Summit, TireRack, and Amazon all carry them. I would like to reach out to the company and see if they would be interested in some real-world testing since they are so new in the off-road world. Everything I have found on this specific tire has been for pretty lightweight vehicles i.e. Tacoma, Maverick, and F-150, and this was listed and offered in an E rating (10ply) but no actionable intel on their real-world use. Though they do show it in use with Motortrend testing on a new G63 S (not exactly lightweight) on a fire road. This is probably the extent of most of our off-roading here with a few notable exceptions when a true mud-terrain tire is warranted. Perhaps one of our Mud vendors can facilitate that interaction to gain some feedback for us.

Do they come with whitewalls?
Lol, Vogue I believe is the primary purveyor of the mustard and mayo on the sidewalls. They do offer a white letter though. I am not that fancy but some prefer it.

Don’t forget them curb feelers mang
The car whiskers? Definitely! Here's a photo for those too young to have seen't these before.

curbfeel.jpg

I saw that they have the "official" snowflake on them. I learned of this brand from some folks down in South Africa. They were using them on their SL63 S and Cayenne GTS here in the states. The way they beat on those vehicles I was pretty impressed with those tires. Especially, since both vehicles are not the lightest. Most of what I have seen from Vredestein is usually for classic cars overseas and high-performance track work worldwide. Recently, I believe they did the classic Porsche (Pre 1957 production) Miglia rally. They do a pretty extensive job of testing. I know Coker tire, Summit, TireRack, and Amazon all carry them. I would like to reach out to the company and see if they would be interested in some real-world testing since they are so new in the off-road world. Everything I have found on this specific tire has been for pretty lightweight vehicles i.e. Tacoma, Maverick, and F-150, and this was listed and offered in an E rating (10ply) but no actionable intel on their real-world use. Though they do show it in use with Motortrend testing on a new G63 S (not exactly lightweight) on a fire road. This is probably the extent of most of our off-roading here with a few notable exceptions when a true mud-terrain tire is warranted. Perhaps one of our Mud vendors can facilitate that interaction to gain some feedback for us.
If I were you, I would go ahead and contact them. Even if they dont' want real-time off-road testing, you might get a discount or something.

If I were you, I would go ahead and contact them. Even if they dont' want real-time off-road testing, you might get a discount or something.
I sent an email earlier to a contact I know from ATD (American Tire Distributors) but I think he's too fancy to answer emails about rubbers on the weekend. But we will see. I don't really care about the discount (would be nice to save a buck or two though) as much as the functionality. Do they work? If so, I'll beat the hell out of them and give them back under warranty so they can learn from them and make a better tire.

I took a gamble on these recently from the Mart of Wal:
a4f4a646-3732-44c3-89e0-43c37439ea9e_1.b64f17f81af0f4992dbd2a4f28c01668.jpeg

So far? Worth the money. $800ish for a set of 4 is not bad at all for what they are- I think I paid like $250 per so they've come down. NOW- my truck is mainly a town runner with occasional weekend forays into the woods, and slick red-clay mud is a thing here, so I bought a rugged-er tread pattern than some might (it's like a hybrid AT/ MT deal), but honestly they ride great. Better than the aged out K02s that came off. Noise is not bad. Treadlife? Overall life? Who knows. But since I don't pile commute miles on the truck, these are fine so far.

So far? Worth the money. $800ish for a set of 4 is not bad at all for what they are- I think I paid like $250 per so they've come down. NOW- my truck is mainly a town runner with occasional weekend forays into the woods, and slick red-clay mud is a thing here, so I bought a rugged-er tread pattern than some might (it's like a hybrid AT/ MT deal), but honestly they ride great. Better than the aged out K02s that came off. Noise is not bad. Treadlife? Overall life? Who knows. But since I don't pile commute miles on the truck, these are fine so far.
Wally World or Sam's Club are the unsung heroes of the tire world. Scoop them up there and take them to a pro who knows how to balance properly. I looked at these but I will be semi-daily driving my rig so the ride and noise are of concern to me as well as functionality on fire roads and north Georgia hill country. Although, I am deaf the drone of tires is something I can very much feel/hear if you want to call it that. But a lot of people run Toyo AT3s around where I am located and I can feel/hear that hum from a pretty good distance when I am out walking my pup. Sounds like a dentist's drill to me in my head. Since that is so pleasant I would like to avoid it if at all possible. Thanks for the tip. If I ever get as fancy as @MongooseGA where I can have Dad-shoes AND mud shoes these might be up for consideration. :rofl:

I put Pinza ATs on my 2wd Tundra. I only do fire roads with it, nothing more difficult. They are great tires for street use. They're quiet, handle well and the ride is good. The price was good too. I can't say how they do on more difficult terrain. The one drawback is the tread tends to pick up small stones when you're on a gravel road. When you get on pavement they get flung off. So far that just makes noise but it's way more than I have had with any other tire.

I bought these earlier this year based on Tire Rack's recommendation and I'm not disappointed. My tire shop hadn't heard of them but had no problem getting them and for a better price than Tire Rack- there was a promo going on. I only have a few thousand miles on them so I can't address longevity, or wet weather handling as it's not rained yet. They should be good there though.

I'm leaning towards Falken Rubitreks for my GX460. They are more off road oriented rthan the Pinzas for the awd/4wd rig and I am hoping the larger gaps between the tread blocks pick up fewer stones. They are less common than the Wildpeaks and a tiny bit more road focused.

a4f4a646-3732-44c3-89e0-43c37439ea9e_1.b64f17f81af0f4992dbd2a4f28c01668.jpeg

I put some of these on my wife's jeep and have been impressed!

Not yet. They are on the docket. Between rebuilding the entire power steering, front axles, and all that jazz it kinda wrecked the budget. but the plan is later this year with my Tundra 18's. I think they're worth a shake. I will do a full "idiots guide" when that happens. Thanks for reminding me @usedname

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom