Post up what you pedal (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hope yer healing well brother, ACL reconstruction is a bytch to come from as I only know 2nd-hand.

I don’t wish it on my ex-wife.

Most days :cool:
Thanks, this was my 2nd ACL repair on the same knee. First in 1990. Amazing how far the procedure has come. I would have walked out of the hospital if not for a meniscus repair as well. I just got cleared to ski opening day. Need to regain my muscle mass now.

Steel is real. Only photo I have handy of my road bike. I don’t ride it that often as I enjoy the MTB more. On my rollers with a fork stand as I’m recovering from ACL surgery.

1998 Colnago Tecnos, Record Carbon 10sp (1st Gen)

View attachment 3123400
Didn't catch the ACL surgery recovery...BTDT a couple years ago. Not fun, nor easy. I tore up my shoulder going over my bars...rehab plus 2 surgical repairs combined didn't compare to the pain from my knee reconstruction. Go easy and follow your PT protocol. I remember raising my seat over an inch to get to where I could start easy spinning at home - and even then, felt like an old truck starting...would work my pedals back an forth a couple times to get a full revolution, and then spin.

Keep your spirits up...took about 6 months after I was cleared for road riding again before it felt "right" and another few months to have confidence in pre-surgery distances.

Didn't catch the ACL surgery recovery...BTDT a couple years ago. Not fun, nor easy. I tore up my shoulder going over my bars...rehab plus 2 surgical repairs combined didn't compare to the pain from my knee reconstruction. Go easy and follow your PT protocol. I remember raising my seat over an inch to get to where I could start easy spinning at home - and even then, felt like an old truck starting...would work my pedals back an forth a couple times to get a full revolution, and then spin.

Keep your spirits up...took about 6 months after I was cleared for road riding again before it felt "right" and another few months to have confidence in pre-surgery distances.
I'm six months out and doing great. Been riding my MTB all summer, spent the whole weekend on the mountain archery hunting. I'm only lacking the muscle mass at this point. It shows on mixed terrain trying to scramble with a pack. Skiing will realistically be what puts it back on. I've been doing my PT as well as some crossfit training. But nothing is as demanding as a good day charging on skis.

Maybe differences in what we tore up or I'm just older, but you're doing amazing in comparison. At 6 months out I was almost confident in my knee for distances (not powering Cat 1 or HC climbs yet) and had also got cleared for skiing, but my season felt like crap. First couple lift rides with my "functional brace" wasn't much fun, and took most of the season to be hitting it hard. Hell, I wore my brace first part of last year....just for the physical reminder and peace of mind.

I'm 49. I think having done it once before I knew what I was getting into. I did aggressive PT right out of the gate before I was cleared for weight bearing. Everything this time was easier than the first. That really helped my attitude as I was expecting much worse. I've been skiing in a custom Don-Joy knee brace for 20+ years. Working now to get that thing tuned up for this season as its showing its age. I don't hardly notice its on while skiing. I'm sure I'll be a little slow early season but expect to finish it strong.

Now back to bikes. I just picked this up for my son next year. He is currently on a small, he wanted the same so found a medium used with a cool build. Santa Cruz Chameleon Carbon.

IMG_6161.jpg

Last edited:
i bought my wife a canyon neuron earlier this year. it was very nice for what she wanted and i was pleasantly surprised myself so i splurged and bought a spectral al 29. it showed up a few weeks ago. i’ve only played a little on it. i was again surprised how well it handled and how easily i could still climb with it. very happy. maybe some day i’ll build a bike like some of you are doing but the price was right for what i wanted to start with and i have three cruisers not running at present so adding yet another project wasn’t in the cards at this point.
DC889918-80E1-48AC-B11D-0C30C5A6CDC9.jpeg
8F7BCA23-BD47-490A-ADF7-87CA0DA9047F.jpeg

orange kona composite breaks are pretty bright. got to get them a bit worked in and dirty!!

Last edited:
i bought my wife a canyon neuron earlier this year. it was very nice for what she wanted and i was pleasantly surprised myself so i splurged and bought a spectral al 29. it showed up a few weeks ago. i’ve only played a little on it. i was again surprised how well it handled and how easily i could still climb with it. very happy. maybe some day i’ll build a bike like some of you are doing but the price was right for what i wanted to start with and i have three cruisers not running at present so adding yet another project wasn’t in the cards at this point. View attachment 3131881View attachment 3131883

orange kona composite breaks are pretty bright. got to get them a bit worked in and dirty!!

Dude. Youd be surprised at what that Spectral AL will handle. My riding buddy rode one for a couple of season and raced enduro on his. Heres that exact bike same color and everything at Lake Leatherwood in Eureka Springs AR. (terrible screen grab from a video from an older android phone).

1rMRMX2h.jpg

i’m pretty pumped to actually get out and push it a bit more. i’ve just done some simple single track stuff but can’t wait to play on some jumps and drops

Final frame color scheme chosen. Blueish black base with lots of “Jackson Pollock”. 🤘🤘

View attachment 3133251

Fork is going to be all stickers. Mainly Toyota s***. 😂😂

IDK how deep you want to play, but stickers are heavy sprung weight. Big time.

I have a Fox 40 for my mullet ride dropping this weekend, I’ll strip all the stock stickers just because.

But I geek out on that crap - If I was you I’d ghost airbrush in some TEQ or whatever :meh:

I have a Fox 40 for my mullet ride dropping this weekend, I’ll strip all the stock stickers just because.

But I geek out on that crap - If I was you I’d ghost airbrush in some TEQ or whatever :meh:

🤘🤘🤙🤙💨💨

Im so jealous you have dual crown fork trails available to you

It’s been a long project I mothballed but started during ‘Rona.
I started a thread but will need update now with new parts.

I finally dropped the dough for a used ‘21 Fox, and I CNC’d a link for a Nomad RR so I’m happy to get it going again. $2200 new is crazy IMO.

Move out west? I have lift service, shuttle loops, earn and burn that I can access behind my house (we border Chugach state park). We Can do up to a 3400’ vertical decent over 12 miles. I’d like to build a dual crown e bike (probably kenevo?) this winter so I can hammer up full steam.

90C7751F-F4F5-47C3-B361-6EC59FFE7115.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s been a long project I mothballed but started during ‘Rona.
I started a thread but will need update now with new parts.

I finally dropped the dough for a used ‘21 Fox, and I CNC’d a link for a Nomad RR so I’m happy to get it going again. $2200 new is crazy IMO.

Dude I forget what bike it was but it was on sale with a kashima fox 40 and if you were to buy the bike and sell the parts you could end up getting the fork for like 300 bucks. I ALMOST did it, then realized the closest lift service to me is 6 hours away haha

Move out west? I have lift service, shuttle loops, earn and burn that I can access behind my house (we border Chugach state park). We Can do up to a 3400’ vertical decent over 12 miles. I’d like to build a dual crown e bike (probably kenevo?) this winter so I can hammer up full steam.

View attachment 3134149
Haha im working on it. My sister lives in CO springs and I rode down pikes peak last year and it was amazing, would be great to have that within driving distance from me, plus all the resorts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom