67 Original owner (Dad's) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just joined, In the process of restoring late Dad's FJ 40. This was his second one, the first was a '64' (the 64 was the first FJ in Reno, purchased from the Toyota fork lift dealer, no Toyota car dealers at the time in town. The 64 got totaled after a accident, so he then purchased this 67 to replace the original one. I am trying to keep this one somewhat original. I'll probably have some questions that hopefully you guys can answer.

99C81E16-94E5-4038-B4D8-9C74B6C01078.jpeg

Didn’t do too much off roading with that field plow trailer hitch! :lol:

That looks great @fastguido. I'm also in Reno as are several others from the Battle Born Cruisers club. I'd love to see this thing in person, looks great. I know @Tony_Farson has been restoring his FJ40 over the last couple years maybe you guys can compare notes.
Thank you, I would like to show what I done so far. I have working on this thing for far too long, kinda getting burned out! It's one of those three steps forward and two back. I went as far as doing my own plating.
DSCF2142.JPG

Nice looking cruiser… great history

Got vintage family pics with it? Or the 64’

Btw your spare carrier body latch is on upside down
Thanks for the info on the latch, that's the stuff that I need to know. I see if I can find some pictures, probably some old Polaroids in a shoe box. The 64 helped set the chair lift towers at Squaw Valley back in the day.

Thank you, I would like to show what I done so far. I have working on this thing for far too long, kinda getting burned out! It's one of those three steps forward and two back. I went as far as doing my own plating.
View attachment 3132595
For sure. Maybe by showing your work off you can get through being burned out and gain the excitement once again to push through and finish. That looks awesome! keep it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom