Center Diff Lock actuator install question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Center diff lock actuator needs repair, wiring has short. when removing must actuator and transfer case be in locked position or unlocked?
Thanks
1992 FJ80

Last edited:
Center diff lock actuator needs repair, wiring has short. when removing must actuator and transfer case be in locked position or unlocked?
Thanks
1992 FJ80
Shouldn’t matter, u can manually lock/unlock it in with your hand at the Xfer case when you pull the actuator.

Just make sure you hook up actuator and cycle it whatever way to match before installing actuator.

See here

Shouldn’t matter, u can manually lock/unlock it in with your hand at the Xfer case when you pull the actuator.

Just make sure you hook up actuator and cycle it whatever way to match before installing actuator.

See here

Thanks for the reply. CDl was disassembled and cleaned up. I reassembled and now functions correctly. I believe I assembled in the lock position and T-case was in unlock position. I am assuming I can remove actuator and reset it to unlock position and install. This should allow CDL to be shifted to lock position? Or should I remove actuator activate CDL switch in dash to locked and manually shift T-case to lock position. Is there a link that shows process of shifting t-case manually?
Again thanks for your time.
Yeti

Thanks for the reply. CDl was disassembled and cleaned up. I reassembled and now functions correctly. I believe I assembled in the lock position and T-case was in unlock position. I am assuming I can remove actuator and reset it to unlock position and install. This should allow CDL to be shifted to lock position? Or should I remove actuator activate CDL switch in dash to locked and manually shift T-case to lock position. Is there a link that shows process of shifting t-case manually?
Yeti
Found a link Izzy amateur hour. But any extra input is always appreciated

Yeti
Correct, remove and hit button to unlock and re-install.

Or remove and manually lock then reinstall actuator as long as actuator is in the lock position.

If you do it manually you need to spin the tire while you are doing it. It’s in the link to my original post

Correct, remove and hit button to unlock and re-install.

Or remove and manually lock then reinstall actuator as long as actuator is in the lock position.

If you do it manually you need to spin the tire while you are doing it. It’s in the link to my original post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom