I think it is fairly certain that i have concluded the a FJ40 / 40 series KPH modle type Cluster Meter Assy. has actually been reproduced ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
I think it is fairly certain that i have concluded the a FJ40 / 40 series KPH modle type Cluster Meter Assy. has actually been

successfully reproduced at a FULL ON warp speed production level ?

- i do not want to speculate too much here in case i am dead wrong , 🤔

- but ...........

- Please see the
link below and LET's GET this IMPORTANT TEq Historical Moment in both time and space Discussion FULL ON !

- please feel free to POST anything directly related and directly relevant to this topic :)

- Please Note : i have NO affiliation with this potentially NEW product offering in any way .......fyi

Last edited:
1664800545770.png

1664800712222.png

1664800575946.png

1664800592634.png

1664800655175.png

1664800682487.png

It's interesting to see the aftermarket reproducing this kind of part but not sure of the interest considering the OEM one is rightly available for cheap.

Except that very quickly we will see people selling those as OEM...

Police is a little goofy, at least we can easily differentiate them from the original.

It's interesting to see the aftermarket reproducing this kind of part but not sure of the interest considering the OEM one is rightly available for cheap.

Except that very quickly we will see people selling those as OEM...

Police is a little goofy, at least we can easily differentiate them from the original.

- i will agree , it's a VERIFIABLE aftermarket product for sure , knowing what i do know from a lifetime of interaction with many varations and production date

changes , as well as more then a few UNICORN NON-USA both 12V and 24V ones OEM YAZAKI 40 SERIES Cluster meter assy's ....

- i literally did a double take and my heart missed a beat , when it first hit me its was indeed a CLONE variation ? :oops:

- i was NO F'ing way is this possible ?

Why won’t a MPH cluster be reproduced?

Probably because the number of FJ40s imported to the US 1/79 is nothing compared to the rest of world that uses KPH. Remember when I was young (that was a vermylong time ago) the US was going to convert to the Metric system. That still hasn't happen. This are technically for 1/79-7/80. 8/80+ the odometer had another digit in the US. Thought that was in KPH as well. I know 8/80 speedometer changed part number 8/80 in Australia for speedometer.

Looks aren't everything. There are many internal parts and pieces on the cluster, and the Chinese are known as cost cutters and shortcut copycats who will use inferior materials where you necessarily cannot see them. Yes they can make hydrogen bombs and ICBMs but the most-skilled workers are not likely cloning old auto parts.

My guess is that over the years Toyota and its subsidiaries farmed out some production to countries outside of Japan, and it is those factories that are doing some of the reproductions, perhaps using old tooling and jigs. The Indonesians and some in Thailand are known to even repro original-looking parts labels to further mislead customers, and it appears the once vigorous Toyota corporate lawyers that chased-down the copycats, have turned their efforts elsewhere.

While there are some well-made reproductions of various Land Cruiser parts, many of us will still pay the higher premium to have OE parts that made the Land Cruiser reputation for strength and longevity. Doubtful that a Toyota dealer would sell any of these or try to misrepresent something as original equipment. Same for the reputations earned by those respected Mud vendors who safeguard the products they represent. Gotta know from whom you purchase your stuff.

My personal two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom