Heater/ac blower motor question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

caladin

Noob, but trying to learn
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
bz93.com
I need to replace the blower motor in my 60, I bought repair brushes to fix the motor, because I was told the OEM motor blows way better than the 4seasons replacement motor.(Which I also already have)

I just saw this

It's a Denso (oem supplier) replacement motor, just missing the plug.

Has anyone used it? Does it Blow as well as the original motor? If so I'd like to just replace the part.

Thanks,

Eric-

Last edited:
I'm leaning more towards that's another 4 Seasons blower, BUT the fact that an extra $30 they claim they'll send you a Japan-made Denso part makes me curious. The skeptical side of me wants to scream "BULLSH*T!", but CruiserParts has a good reputation and despite being often difficult to get a hold of, haven't done me wrong in the past. If I had the cash I'd order one now and see if it does look like a 4 Seasons blower or closer to an OEM Denso unit.

I'm still investigating either a path towards reliable refurbishing of OEM blowers since they're far higher quality than the aftermarket units, or a way to convert to a brushless HVAC blower with a built-in PWM that would move a ton more air and be much quieter than a brushed style blower. Ideally, I'd love to find a way to go brushless.

If you go for the "Japan option" on that page, please let us know what you end up receiving, as I'm intensely curious here.

I need to replace the blower motor in my 60, I bought repair brushes to fix the motor, because I was told the OEM motor blows way better than the 4seasons replacement motor.(Which I also already have)

I just saw this

It's a Denso (oem supplier) replacement motor, just missing the plug.

Has anyone used it? Does it Blow as well as the original motor? If so I'd like to just replace the part.

Thanks,

Eric-

i PM'd you ERIC

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't check back immediately,

Nice to know that you also carry a Denso option blower, and with the correct plug already attached...

I already have a POS china blower, but I can't make myself put it in... I made up a "hack" to replace the
breaker with a fuse, but can't make myself put it in either. sigh...

Part of it is I live in Texas, and I need every drop of AC I can get in the summer.

Thanks,

Eric-

PS. FYI Marks OEM Denso blower is in and working, with a factory plug *(on a wire lead, not built-in) just swapped on the fan and it works great! For way less than the linked fan also, Blows like the dickens.

1664773218426.png

The oem (shaped) blue male connector

Below is the blower installed with the wire lead out so you can see it. Old white plug went right into new blue plug.

PXL_20221003_051551299.jpg

Next the view of the cooling pipe plugged up into the little tube behind the carpet and up into the blower box (It vents air into the motor to cool it).

PXL_20221003_051553976.jpg

Below is a shot with the wire lead and connector tucked up out of sight (friction fit). if it falls down I'll add a connection to hold it up.

PXL_20221003_051604575.jpg

This was a complete half banana job, I had it way more complex in my head.

Excessively Complete Steps: (Needs a few more pics to be a real walk-through)

1. Pull the pipe down, from the back, notice how the old fan is clocked so the plug is at the front and the pipe on the back left as it will bolt in clocked incorrectly.

2. Take out 3 screws holding the fan up into the blower box and it drops out the bottom of the blower box (wiggle it a little).

3. You can now easily access the clip to unplug the wire. and the old motor is out(it is on the top of the plug where its hard to reach when it installed).

(Close up of the OEM Plug built into the *OLD* blower, so you can see the major difference (Toyota one plugged right in there, new Denso unit has a wire pigtail shown in pic 1 and 3 above..)

The other difference is the new one is all black, the old one is black and silver

PXL_20221003_054017940.jpg

4. Undo the nut that holds the squirrel cage fan off, and remove the nut and washers.(on both fans)
(Closeup of the nut and lock washer, there were also 2 larger washers (not shown), one on top under lock washer and one below plastic squirrel cage)

PXL_20221003_054046170.jpg
PXL_20221003_054048989.jpg

5. The squirrel cage fan is friction-fit, so you have to pull it off.(not shown)

6. Remove the loose rubber washer/gasket and move it to the new blower(it sits on the silver area where my thumb was in the pic above)
7. Move the washer below the squirrel cage fan to the new one.
8. Line the fan up on the new blower (it's keyed on the 2 flat bits, you can just barely see in the 2 pics above)) and push it down till it seats.
9. Move the big washer that was on top of the squirrel cage fan to the new one, then put on the lock washer and bolt.

*The new blower is now ready to go in.*

Reinstall Blower:
1. Push the new blower up into the blower box from the bottom.
2. Wiggle it in to get the squirrel cage in, line it up clocked as the old one,
3. Put the 3 screws in halfway by hand, holding the blower up in place.
4. Run the screws up tight, until the rubber gasket is squeezed tight between the blower and the box.
5. Plug the pipe up into the bottom of the blower box (not shown, its behind the carpet in my pic, you can totally feel it)
6. Plug the plugin, and tuck it up out of the way.

You are now done.

I wish I'd taken pictures as I did it. It really was super easy. Like half a banana, so much easier than I'd made it out to be in my head.
I honestly think it blows harder than my tired old original blower. Ac cooled to the back easily.

My Brother replaced this blower with the weak, from China, Four Seasons one, on his 60, and it fixed his blowing Ac breaker when the fan was on high issue.
Mine still blew but it took longer. *(like 30 min on high?)

Going to replace the resister block next and see if that does it.

Trying to avoid the fuse in place of breaker hack, as Mr. Toyoda put the AC breaker there for a reason.

Last edited:
RESOLVED!
I added a full update on CruiserMarks Denso OEM replacement blower motor in the last post above, then noticed it didn't update the thread, so I added this post so those that asked will see all the pics and updates in the PS above.

The TLDR:
The Same Spec Motor from Desno who sold the original to Toyota.
A slightly different plug connection.
Bolts in, works great, (a bit) better than my tired old OEM fan,
The only difference is the paint and the (Blue) plug is on a wire pigtail instead of built right onto the fan.
(Plug and pigtail shown in pics in PS in the post above)

It was cheaper than the original linked fan from my first post, and Mark already put the OEM plug on for me. Super easy!

I've honestly spent more time taking pics and typing this up, than swapping it in, futsing with the little pipe and taking it out again, and putting it in clocked correctly (as in the final pic above) so the little pipe fits up into the blower box.

E-

Last edited:
I added a full update on CruiserMarks Denso OEM replacement blower motor in the last post above, then noticed it didn't update the thread, so I added this post so those that asked will see all the pics and updates in the PS above.

The TLDR:
The Same Spec Motor from Desno who sold the original to Toyota.
A slightly different plug connection.
Bolts in, works great, (a bit) better than my tired old OEM fan,
The only difference is the paint and the (Blue) plug is on a wire pigtail instead of built right onto the fan.
(Plug and pigtail shown in pics in PS in the post above)

It was cheaper than the original linked fan from my first post, and Mark already put the OEM plug on for me. Super easy!

I've honestly spent more time taking pics and typing this up, than swapping it in, futsing with the little pipe and taking it out again, and putting it in clocked correctly (as in the final pic above) so the little pipe fits up into the blower box.

E-

when you CAREFULLY remove the old blower resister , treat like EGG SHELLS because that is how fragile they are , lay it on a white paper towel ,

Please post pics of it from a few sides , this way it can be visually examined by folks to understand the below FSM page step by step images as well , :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom