Front Stabilizer Bar Bushing Replacement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

94 FJZ - 203k

Been putting an 80 that I bought out of a parking lot for a few months now and I'm finally seeing a pinprick of light at the end of the tunnel. New calipers, pads, rotors, rebuilt both front knuckles, plugs and wires, new tie rod ends, new steering dampener, new shocks, new coils (still waiting on the rears because I ordered medium+ rather than medium), new stereo, speakers, and all the wiring that was removed by the PO etc....

I was checking out all of the bushings that I'll need to replace (which is all of them) and I can locate most of them on the internet, but I'm having trouble with the stabilizer bar bushings. In this thread Wanted - Help finding Suspension Bushing - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/help-finding-suspension-bushing.1054268/ a part number ( Part# SUS11021) was given, but I didn't find any follow up whether or not that ended up being the right piece. Has anyone replaced them? Below is a pic of what I'm talking about out of the FSM.

1663870110638.png

Call cruiser outfitters
I had called local dealers before making this post and was told that none of them could find the parts. Well one called me back and told me that a dealer he was getting parts from in Chicago had a few in stock so I bought some oem's for like 12 bucks.

Got me to thinking that if dealers still have these in stock, I should probably just pass them a list and do em all at once. Does anyone have a list of all the suspension bushings and part numbers handy? I've got the rear most leading arm bushings that came with my lift that I need to find a press to install, but I'll need to replace virtually everything else.

See Witts End, Joey has them all kitted out and ready to go.

I had called local dealers before making this post and was told that none of them could find the parts. Well one called me back and told me that a dealer he was getting parts from in Chicago had a few in stock so I bought some oem's for like 12 bucks.

Got me to thinking that if dealers still have these in stock, I should probably just pass them a list and do em all at once. Does anyone have a list of all the suspension bushings and part numbers handy? I've got the rear most leading arm bushings that came with my lift that I need to find a press to install, but I'll need to replace virtually everything else.
don't forget to get the inner metal sleeves if the used ones you have are no longer good

Original poster is looking for the front panhard bushing... not sway bar.

Front panhard bar bushings (48706-60030)

Part number is from wits end site, he doesn't have it listed separately.
Yup. Picked em up at the dealer today. $13.26 out the door for what I was looking for.

These are cool, but I don't have a press and I'm not sure It's worth it to own those for a job I'll (presumably) be doing one time in my life.

"Original poster is looking for the front panhard bushing..."

OK.

FWIW I replaced my worn out sway bar bushings with the Energy Suspension bushings and it tightened things up (less body roll/sway when changing lanes for example) but also less wandering (now zero) while driving straignt down the road. All the other bushings at 378,000 miles are the originals.

"Original poster is looking for the front panhard bushing..."

OK.

FWIW I replaced my worn out sway bar bushings with the Energy Suspension bushings and it tightened things up (less body roll/sway when changing lanes for example) but also less wandering (now zero) while driving straignt down the road. All the other bushings at 378,000 miles are the originals.
I'm doin em all....so the input is all worthwhile. Thanks guys

I'm going to put in an order with rock auto for the stabilizer links and the stabilizer bar (pan hard?) bushings. What else do they have that I should ordre...assuming all of my rubber is original in the salt belt at 203k.

Yup. Picked em up at the dealer today. $13.26 out the door for what I was looking for.

These are cool, but I don't have a press and I'm not sure It's worth it to own those for a job I'll (presumably) be doing one time in my life.
I assure you those press tools are worth their money, buy em and then resell, someone will buy them, right tool makes all the difference......

Only the 60 mm bushing press is currently in stock and for sale,, the big kit and other sizes are currently out of stock.. I ordered the 60 mm and its a lovely thing, arrived the day after my local machinist pressed the bushings into the front radius arms, lol.. but it looks great in my tool box!!!

Only the 60 mm bushing press is currently in stock and for sale,, the big kit and other sizes are currently out of stock.. I ordered the 60 mm and its a lovely thing, arrived the day after my local machinist pressed the bushings into the front radius arms, lol.. but it looks great in my tool box!!!
Lol. I called a shop and they said they'd press em for $20 or 30 bucks

Lol. I called a shop and they said they'd press em for $20 or 30 bucks
Yep, that's a no brainer, unless you just really, really like kool tools?? which I do, but not money well spent for me.. I started the job with insufficient tools,, it got a little ugly?? so I took it to a gent who spent a few minutes on the lathe, making his own tools... easy peasy! course I haven't gotten the bill yet,,, lol, I don't expect it to be too bad,, this guy works in a large ag industry shop, but they do everything.. he's a friend/family and is borderline genius... oh, and I'm not very patient to wait on my new tool to arrive. I was ready to "get er done!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom