VintgeTEqParts FJ / BJ / HJ 60 / 62 Series Technical Solutions ........ (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Updated Goals / Mission Statement :

- Reproduce the original FJ62 Fusible Links
90982-08251 , and UPDATE it to a ALL WEATHER Sealed ARCTIS SPEC. / SNOW VERSION Concept package parts
option that WILL be tough as nails , far out-last its OLD NLA Part # / DISC. status to a NEW and improved SUPERSCEDED par
t # 90982-08252

- Hand made in-house Exclusively by the Rising Sun Mechanical SKUNK-WORKS Staff to let alone meet old factory spec's but NOW far exceeded them in every way humanly possible ...

- water and battery acid sealed resistent Laboratory Crimp connections points

- PRE-Lubed with FULL Synthetic marine grade di-electric grease for a PLUG and PLAY worry free installation

- update both primary Connector Housings to UV GRADE japan spec. ones ......

- Lengthen all the links wires , by a needed minimum ONLY amount to reduce and eliminate the traditional 90982-08251 straining / pulling stress that links wires to eventual failure , without sacrificing the overall circuit protection value at all in any way

- now officially a Rising Sun Mechanical Skunk-Works Laboratory Brand parts offering , supersession to
part # 90982-08252

thanks for your support and continued input and feedback on the ever growing needed FJ62 reproduction parts solution

kindly matt :)

13AD3A0A-B33E-420B-B6B8-3885A0A002A0 - Copy.jpeg

Untitled - Copy1 - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy.png

I wanted to and always do want to give land Cruiser owners across the board the

Highest Quality , most well thought out and very much intentionally OVER-ENGINEERED

products i possibly can , and our new Line of FJ60 Battery Cables Will be no different !

I realized a while ago that TOYOTA had Discontinued ALL 60/62 OEM battery Cables

So , i saw a opportunity to put what i Learned during my Tenure In the T-TEN Program

and apply some good old USA TOP SHELF MARINE GRADE parts in the mix too ,

to create a set of related Products that Exceeded Toyota OEM Specs in every way , and

More importantly would stand the test of Age , and Time !

Now 8/80-9/87 FJ60 Owners will have a Choice between Pep Boyz , Rock Auto , and

100% Made in Japan parts , and also ANCHOR marine grade industrial Parts Combined

in Harmony in the form of Battery Cables Both positive and Negative , ones ,

including the little know about Starter Ground Strap called Cable , Bond No. 1............

Hi Matt,

Would this be applicable to the Vortec Swap I'm doing? Sorry for my ignorance. The kit you have would work for going to the GM starter etc.

Hi Matt,

Would this be applicable to the Vortec Swap I'm doing? Sorry for my ignorance. The kit you have would work for going to the GM starter etc.

IF .........

the location of the VORTEC starter was on the same side of the ENGINE as the 2F or 3FE and attaches to the bell housing location like a land cruiser starter .

then YES , the positive B+ cable kit would work good , i make them a bit longer then my OEM JIGS i make them to

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- now the NEG cable kit ,,,,,,,

HELL YES it will work , :D

and you will have freedom of choice where to locate it as well

- so .....

we have one YES and one maybe

after u compare starter location APPLES

thanks for the good solid TECH question

it had me thinking for sure

kindly
matt

IF .........

the location of the VORTEC starter was on the same side of the ENGINE as the 2F or 3FE and attaches to the bell housing location like a land cruiser starter .

then YES , the positive B+ cable kit would work good , i make them a bit longer then my OEM JIGS i make them to

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- now the NEG cable kit ,,,,,,,

HELL YES it will work , :D

and you will have freedom of choice where to locate it as well

- so .....

we have one YES and one maybe

after u compare starter location APPLES

thanks for the good solid TECH question

it had me thinking for sure

kindly
matt
I'll check that out and if it will work, I'll get a set from you Thanks. I'm only at this stage right now.
IMG_20220930_175624828.jpg

- if anyone can help here on this topic below please PM me , thanks ......

16221992009071 - Copy.png

Several UNICORNS found there way into my pasture ........ :cool:

1667192551306.png

I sent a message on your site - there's an antenna listed for the 62 - is that the power antenna? I need one and hesitated to order until I was confirmed it was the right part

Im ready to buy if its the retractable and I can put it on my 88

- that's a NON-USA Saudi-Spec. destination market Extended / LONG RANGE Aerial

- it's about 10" inches longer then the power antenna / hence the longer range , designed for remote desert location use in the middle east by military , commercial and who ever may need it for that ..... :)

- i stainless steel construction , will never RUST

- it is a MANUAL antenna

- it indeed YES telescopes / YES fully collapsible / fully retractable

- NO Mods / direct bolt in

- 100% made in japan parts

- i do not have any power units , there long since DISC / NLA / i have not seen a new // nos one available anywhere in over 10+ years

does this answer all your questions ?

if not please let me know ?

thanks
matt

I sent a message on your site - there's an antenna listed for the 62 - is that the power antenna? I need one and hesitated to order until I was confirmed it was the right part

Im ready to buy if its the retractable and I can put it on my 88

This is my personal 10/88 FJ62LG-PNEK

The GHOST 👻 sports this same exact long range aerial that you show the link to in your thread post quote above

I like it and it receives FM stations. from
Further away then the old aftermarket antenna did that was on it when I bought her several months ago

It obviously Goes down fully I am just showing you it telescopes / retracts as you inquired about

Thanks for reaching out

Matt

1485B3CD-BAB8-46AE-B150-63A573BEE851.jpeg
EC5EDB8D-B49B-46D9-B55F-B1106D4D1D2F.jpeg
4E0A78FC-FDE7-44DA-B046-66B11579A81B.jpeg

This is my personal 10/88 FJ62LG-PNEK

The GHOST 👻 sports this same exact long range aerial that you show the link to in your thread post quote above

I like it and it receives FM stations. from
Further away then the old aftermarket antenna did that was on it when I bought her several months ago

It obviously Goes down fully I am just showing you it telescopes / retracts as you inquired about

Thanks for reaching out

Matt

View attachment 3155583View attachment 3155584View attachment 3155585
You just retract or put it up by hand?

You just retract or put it up by hand?

you pull it up by hand

you push it down / to retract it by hand

its a manual retracting / manual telescoping toyota genuine parts antenna

does this help you understand better my friend ?

let me know how i can further help ?

kindly matt

1.1 Copy (8) - Copy - Copy.jpg.png

Reactions: HMP
you pull it up by hand

kindly matt

View attachment 3155936
Matt, I'm lucky enough for my 62 antenna to still be in operating condition. I also have an 88 4Runner with a broken/blown antenna. I'm hoping Toyota made these the same? Can I put it in the runner?

you pull it up by hand

kindly matt

View attachment 3155936
One more Q about this part - if in down position, do you still get alright FM reception?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom