Ironman wiring park/indicator to DRL question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning. I am considering running the park/indicator lights on the ironman bumper as drl/indicator instead. Has anyone done this? I didn't know if the voltage change would mess up the functionality of the drl relay as there would be more voltage with the ironman led's running with the headlights. I looked through my info and couldn't find the led voltage. Any thoughts on if this would work? Thanks in advance.

Good morning. I am considering running the park/indicator lights on the ironman bumper as drl/indicator instead. Has anyone done this? I didn't know if the voltage change would mess up the functionality of the drl relay as there would be more voltage with the ironman led's running with the headlights. I looked through my info and couldn't find the led voltage. Any thoughts on if this would work? Thanks in advance.
It works. I’m running Stedi fogs in my bumper and they have a separate DRL wire that I spliced into the headlight DRL.

Well I wired this up and have partial functionality. Here is the situation.
Both Ironman lights come on with headlight switch turned on and set to high beam. However, with headlight switch turned off and running drl only the drivers side Ironman light comes on. Any thoughts as to what would cause this?

quick answer is that the second LED isn't getting 12V+
I have little confidence in my skill in the 98-02 headlight /DTRL wiring, other than they are in series.
running light functionality is the same across all North American 100's

quick answer is that the second LED isn't getting 12V+
I have little confidence in my skill in the 98-02 headlight /DTRL wiring, other than they are in series.
running light functionality is the same across all North American 100's
If this is the case, and it does make sense, then there is no easy fix correct? If I need 12v, but am only getting 6v, I may need to abandon this configuration.

You could use a 30A change over relay instead, here's a schematic that might help.
Screenshot_20221004-194038.png

Thinking about this more. If reduced voltage is the issue, why don’t both Ironman lights not work? Shouldn’t both be receiving 6v?

if you search daytime running lights 100 section there will be lots of threads explaining all this.

1664886127530.png

Can anyone send a link to a correct relay for this situation? Or @willyroo can you provide a link for the relay you posted the info on? Looks like it’s hella brand, but I’m not finding it in a google search.

I've used 100s of these. never had one come back. They were cheaper a long time ago.

This guy is good. he can hook you up, although spendy. I've bought in bulk from him during covid when no one else had parts.
I'm not home or I'd sell cheaper.

you could also go to autozone and get a random 12 volt, single or double throw, doesn't matter.

1670957633797.png

Attachments

• hella catalogue.pdf
    8.3 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I've used 100s of these. never had one come back. They were cheaper a long time ago.

This guy is good. he can hook you up, although spendy. I've bought in bulk from him during covid when no one else had parts.
I'm not home or I'd sell cheaper.

you could also go to autozone and get a random 12 volt, single or double throw, doesn't matter.

View attachment 3192747
Thanks much @jerryb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom