The Mitsubishi fan conversion ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all
Looking at the QIKAZZ cooling fan upgrade but its $580 ish, its says its from a Mitsubishi ? Has anyone brought a secondhand Mitsubishi fan and hub and fitted it to there 80 series ? if so what year and model ?
I have a 1hdft for reference.
Just an idea, thanks guys

Try posting in the diesel tech section. Diesel owners are a small portion of members here.

What are you hoping to achieve?

I looked at installing a set of AU Falcon fans on my Hdj80 (also used on Ford Taurus).

Two big problems with fitting electric fans.
1. Finding fans with a good quality shroud so you get air drawn through the full surface area of the radiator.
2. Finding fans that will move as much air as an engine driven fan.

Best thing to do is make sure your viscous fan clutch is OEM, and working as it should.
They are tuneable so you can adjust the temperature they start to engage, and when they are fully engaged.
Aftermarket hubs are notoriously inadequate

Hi all
Looking at the QIKAZZ cooling fan upgrade but its $580 ish, its says its from a Mitsubishi ? Has anyone brought a secondhand Mitsubishi fan and hub and fitted it to there 80 series ? if so what year and model ?
I have a 1hdft for reference.
Just an idea, thanks guys
i have done this upgrade to my 1hdt and say its 100% worth it..... im also currently doing it for my 1hdft

Hmm... Seems like a lot of "let's go away from a 212hp driven engine cooling fan and put electric fans on it that simply changes the load to the alternator drag because the cool kids are doing it" projects end in cooling issues and waaaay overpromising marketing being exposed. Get a blue hub OEM clutch and be done with it.

Hmm... Seems like a lot of "let's go away from a 212hp driven engine cooling fan and put electric fans on it that simply changes the load to the alternator drag because the cool kids are doing it" projects end in cooling issues and waaaay overpromising marketing being exposed. Get a blue hub OEM clutch and be done with it.
Nice job reading the thread

Copy that - wups. Carry on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom