A pillar grab handle options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"the rear handles and interior tailgate handle that the plastic is deteriorating and crumbly."

IMO/IME it's caused by UV damage to the plastic. On my 96 model I always back into the driveway the same way. This means the left side of the vehicle gets more direct sun than the right so the exposed surfaces of the grab handles on the sun side are deteriorating/crumbly, the other side is not.

FWIW
i would think so to, especially those B pillar handles in the passenger area as they are RIGHT by the windows

but its the INTERIOR side that is the most crumbly. like where fingers wrap around. and the inside trunk handle? who uses that besides kids using the 3rd row?

i can thank the 1st owner probably for all this wear and tear to the rear handles. i let my grimy kids in the back (no 3rd row) but no food/drinks.

IIRC someone did a quick fix by wrapping paracord around the handles, serves a few purposes (potentially): covers up the crumbly plastic if you have that, or protects the plastic if it isn't crumbling yet, but also you get a better grip on the handle (assuming the paracord is wrapped tightly).

Probably other ways to go about it (wrap with leather or a heavy cloth (1000 Denier Cordura),---

IIRC someone did a quick fix by wrapping paracord around the handles, serves a few purposes (potentially): covers up the crumbly plastic if you have that, or protects the plastic if it isn't crumbling yet, but also you get a better grip on the handle (assuming the paracord is wrapped tightly).

Probably other ways to go about it (wrap with leather or a heavy cloth (1000 Denier Cordura),---
The rubbery plastic stuff on all of mine is in good shape. I'm literally bending and slowly breaking the metal mounts off.

Oh...*sigh*... more time wasted on Mud leads me to more paranoia... o_O

The rubbery plastic stuff on all of mine is in good shape. I'm literally bending and slowly breaking the metal mounts off.
This is exactly what happened to mine. The poly broke, then the sheet metal insert bent.
And of course "grey" is the only option. :confused:

The billet Al handles look sweet. And laser engraving (burning out the dye really) is super easy.

The late model ones must suck pretty bad. I don’t have, and can’t foresee any issues with the ones in my 94. Look great and solid as a rock still.

Matt, perhaps you should stop using it as a recovery point.
But sometimes I need recovery... and to not fall off my slider.

But sometimes I need recovery... and to not fall off my slider.

I understand that all too well.

Let’s see a picture of this grab handle your big ass has deformed.

I understand that all too well.

Let’s see a picture of this grab handle your big ass has deformed.
Just jumped a plane to Tennessee. You're going to have to wait in breathless anticipation for 2 weeks.

Anyone have the tan part # avail assuming it's not NLA and does it come with the plastic cap to cover the screw hole?
Did you ever find a solution? I want to take the A-pillar cover off but the plastic caps are crumbly and will get destroyed during removal.

I’ll have to grab a pic. But I use Jeep paracord handles look cool and work good. Bent a stock on dragging my big ass in. And the kids love them in the back cause they can reach when wheeling

IMG_3106.jpeg

I’ll have to grab a pic. But I use Jeep paracord handles look cool and work good. Bent a stock on dragging my big ass in. And the kids love them in the back cause they can reach when wheeling

View attachment 3377429

I don't mind the paracord portion, but could they not find a cheaper, chinsier bracket for the ends? :doh:

I don't mind the paracord portion, but could they not find a cheaper, chinsier bracket for the ends? :doh:
It’s simple beef 🤷🏾‍♂️ fits flush on the apillar.

I've seen sunscreen and insect repellent both eat plastic parts. Get it on your hands, grab the handle, chemicals get on it and start breaking down the plastic. Yeah, don't ask me how I know...:doh:

Front apillars match the interior the other four kids picked.

IMG_3697.jpeg

IMG_3696.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom