A pillar grab handle options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Feldrian

Full of opinions and expensive ideas
SILVER Star
Threads
Is anyone manufacturing a more stout grab handle for the 80 series A pillar? My stock units are bending with frequent use getting in and out of the truck - can't imagine I'm the only person with this issue. Seems very @NLXTACY Witt's-End ish, but didn't seen anything on the site. Didn't turn up anything meaningful with a forum search either.

Make your own.

Come on by, I share.

Ordered some early model handles. Part number for anyone interested:

GRIP SUB-ASSY, ASSIST, FRONT​

Part number: 7461036020B1​

Doesn't everyone have a lathe and a mill?

Please share some photos of a side by side comparison.

I'm curious now because my 96 (8/95) handles are very stout and I was wondering what issues you were having.

the front handles in my 95 seem plenty stout

its the rear handles and interior tailgate handle that the plastic is deteriorating and crumbly. not sure what that's all about. dirty kids hands i can only assume.

Please share some photos of a side by side comparison.

I'm curious now because my 96 (8/95) handles are very stout and I was wondering what issues you were having.
Will do. The A pillar handles in my 97 suck.

(perhaps I'm fat and the handles are designed for svelte Japanese dudes?)
Well.... That hits the nail on the head, and why mine are a weldment. :hillbilly:

"the rear handles and interior tailgate handle that the plastic is deteriorating and crumbly."

IMO/IME it's caused by UV damage to the plastic. On my 96 model I always back into the driveway the same way. This means the left side of the vehicle gets more direct sun than the right so the exposed surfaces of the grab handles on the sun side are deteriorating/crumbly, the other side is not.

FWIW

Last edited:
It’s because your a giant Matt! No handle can stand up to those big hands. Go back to 33’s than it will be easier to get into!

Interesting. Never have had issues with any of mine but truck was kept of the sun and I’m in Canada.

I'm in the Southern US, the sun's rays are much more direct/intense than up North. I should have invested in a carport 20 years ago.

Anyone have the tan part # avail assuming it's not NLA and does it come with the plastic cap to cover the screw hole?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom