Long term future of Copper Creek/Rug Road? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Came across this earlier this week - junior miner Faraday Copper has restarted exploration on their claim at Copper Creek, and earlier this year did some drilling along with associated earthworks. There'll likely be more work coming up.

Their technical report shows the property outline, which includes a part of Rug Road. Who owns what is far more complex and illustrated in the report, but the if the project were to go ahead there would likely be changes to access.

Unlikely that anything will change any time soon - or ever if copper prices don't improve - only time will tell.

P.S - the report has some interesting history of the area!

1663385259521.png

Last edited:
Good news is that generally the mining industry is pro access and often times grants rights or provides a re route for through access given existing BLM or Natl Forest routes that were in place.

Has anyone gone through Rug Road in recent months?

Good news is that generally the mining industry is pro access and often times grants rights or provides a re route for through access given existing BLM or Natl Forest routes that were in place.

I usually lead the club run each November and do a pre-run ahead of it, but i will be traveling the entire month this year, so I haven’t given it its due. When we tan it last year, it was better than it has been in the three years before. Carpet Hill was milder and looked to have had “some” attention given to it. The big surprise was that the last few miles up on the top of Aravaipa Canyon was like an improved road, and the “Steps Section” has been milled to removed all the fun stuff. More appropriately called the “Ramps Section” as they were made more accessible for fire crews. Still a great run with good scenery and a great camp at Turkey Creek.

Having a second look at this, the area in the red square is the section of RR we could loose access to:
1663783572505.png

1663783678887.png

I tried from Klondyke side after the rains and could not get to Turkey Creek.

Wow good to know. I imagine a lot of water coming down Aravaipa Creek. Seems to be the case with many of the larger drainages around the state.

If anyone is in the area and would like to try again I would be interested.

The heaviest flow I have seen this year was rolling under the 77 bridge at the confluence to the San Pedro on Thursday. I can imagine what things looked
like upstream in the canyon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom