Purist Step away. Mint 400 2023 FJ45 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked up some 1/4" plate steel Finished mocking up the rear shackle hangers and got the rear axle set
Tomorrow @rockcod and maybe Bob will be coming over to help set things in place

20220923_102345.jpg

20220923_140117.jpg

20220923_151347.jpg

I love that you are going to do this with your 45. I at on point considered how cool it would be if after my 45 was done I raced it in the KOH. Really, I don’t know anything about racing besides how fun and exciting it looks on you tube. I am sure I couldn’t pull it off. Hats to you for going for it. I will be following you through your journey.

Very surprising Rob but also very cool! Let me know if you need any parts and I can see what I can find down here. Gonna run that SF 60 axle? Can't source a FF one?

Very surprising Rob but also very cool! Let me know if you need any parts and I can see what I can find down here. Gonna run that SF 60 axle? Can't source a FF one?
Thanks Mate I'm running 40 housings and keeping it simple

@rockcod Came over and gave my brain a break Rear axle is set I'm still going to play with shackle angles. Thanks Tony I needed more motivation LOL

20220924_103137.jpg

20220923_151347.jpg

20220924_140646.jpg

This is very cool. Excited for you, and the rig... Maybe see you at the Roundup next year in the 45.. :)

This is very cool. Excited for you, and the rig... Maybe see you at the Roundup next year in the 45.. :)
Sorry to say we won't be making Round up the race is also in March

those rear springs are going to be so much better then heavy 45 springs

@rockcod Came over and gave my brain a break Rear axle is set I'm still going to play with shackle angles. Thanks Tony I needed more motivation LOL

Cruiser therapy Rob, you were over thinking everything, break it down to smaller manageable steps. For me, there is nothing better than defiling an original FJ45 to motivate a person!!! 😂 Too bad we didn’t have the new spring bolts and bushings, would have been great to get it down on the ground again.

yer gonna need a G-suit. :cool:

Project Mint 400 - I had to reorder some suspennsion parts I've been making progress, We machined the rear factory spring pin down 80 thousands so we can run a sleeve in the bushings. Took a hand file and cleaned up the hanger. I figured out our rear tire clearance issue we can run a 2 in body lift so I'll raise the bed 1 1/2 and were golden. Everything is coming together and I'm really happy with everything.

Had some Great help Sunday. We finished everything on the list for that day. Front axleis set and moved forward 3 1/2 inches all the hangers are tacted in and looks great. We pulled the aux tank out of the bed removed the old confer bumper and got all the bolts off the bed to frame. Per the rules we are allowed up to a 3 in body lift. The plan is only lift the bed which we mocked up 1 1/2 inches is took care of our clearance issue in the wheel well. Today I need to use the castor shims @orangefj45 sent me so we can start on the new front housing.

20221001_170005.jpg

20221002_142127 (1).jpg

20221002_142011.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom