My Intro thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey lads just bought an 91 fj80. And I'm learning alot from this forum and I'll really appreciate all the information I'm reading. Right now I'm doing all of the maintenance on the fj80.
Just place an order on WITS END. For the belts and tune up kit.
any other things I need to look out for ?
Thank you and have a good weekend.

I did mine using Napa fleetflex gold 5/8 which form my understanding is the same as the gates green stripe. I ordered the upper and lower radiator hoeses from https://partsouq.com/ as well as some other items. You have a short section of hose the bottom of your waterpump that you should also replace.

I don't think he includes it in the kit, but I would also change the fuel filter. Any idea of the age of the coolant lines? Welcome to the 3FE club (best motor Toyota ever made).
I removed it as part of the kit because people kept complaining it was part of the kit. Meanwhile most orders people add the filter. 🙄

Things to do on the 3FE when you get it (if you don't know the maintenance history)
Tune up
Check Belts
Listen for pulley noises
Adjust Valves, it will need it at some point even if it isn't too bad right now
Oil Change
Buy to have handy (EFI Relay and Fuseable Link)
Makes sure all fuses are fine

Hey lads just bought an 91 fj80. And I'm learning alot from this forum and I'll really appreciate all the information I'm reading. Right now I'm doing all of the maintenance on the fj80.
Just place an order on WITS END. For the belts and tune up kit.
any other things I need to look out for ?
Thank you and have a good weekend.
get a real time aftermarket coolant temp gauge asap....
3F-E is bullet proof...if the valves chatter, adjust the valves, and make sure you have no vacuum leaks, top out with fluid and enjoy!

Last edited:
I removed it as part of the kit because people kept complaining it was part of the kit. Meanwhile most orders people add the filter. 🙄

Things to do on the 3FE when you get it (if you don't know the maintenance history)
Tune up
Check Belts
Listen for pulley noises
Adjust Valves, it will need it at some point even if it isn't too bad right now
Oil Change
Buy to have handy (EFI Relay and Fuseable Link)
Makes sure all fuses are fine
Thank you
get a real time aftermarket coolant temp gauge asap....
3F-E is bullet proof...if the valves chatter, adjust the valves, and make sure you have no vacuum leaks, top out with fluid and enjoy!
Thanks going to do the valves adjustment this weekend

Maintenance? Probably needs front axle seals, lspv, brake booster, brake hoses, check brakes, shocks, check oil leaks, vacuum and coolant hoses, check radiator, check fan clutch, check charging voltage, plugs, wires cap and rotor, replace worn out window seals, reseal tail lamp buckets. Quite a few things to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom