The "Nowhere Else to Put This (insane) Crap Thread" NEPTIC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Get your shift together T-shirts.

Woot must be part of Amazon. You can use your Amazon log in to log into Woot.

ts1.jpg

ts2.jpg

That has too many gears??

I just called my favorite Toyota parts dealer about the rotors I ordered for my wife's Sienna. He said they're still on national backorder and that he sees over 30,000 rotors on order nationally. How the hell does Toyota let something like this happen. Very frustrating.

I just called my favorite Toyota parts dealer about the rotors I ordered for my wife's Sienna. He said they're still on national backorder and that he sees over 30,000 rotors on order nationally. How the hell does Toyota let something like this happen. Very frustrating.
A topic like this would be perfect for the Diff Kraken's Finger Lickin' Toyota Chat Thread :)

Just sayin'...

That parts issue does seem super lame though. Is this supply chain backup a result of that big sale they had several months ago?

About what I expected...

TFL Truck had the same issue when towing in their test, they got less than 100 miles of range with a 6000lbs enclosed behind the truck admittedly in the Colorado mountains. I will say that most of the people I know with trucks never tow anything or tow a boat 5 miles to the river so this still makes sense for the vast majority of people. Towing long distance is going to need many more years of battery development but we all already knew that. Also he clearly didn't change the range indicator to the towing mode which would have told him that it had less than 100 miles of range right off the bat.

Charging an EV that has anything hooked to the bumper will be an absolutely miserable experience.
Yes, I have a good bit of experience towing long distance.
Yes, I have a good bit of experience with EVs.
No, I have no desire to combine the two.

Existing public infrastructure is not at all compatible with this use case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom