Purist Step away. Mint 400 2023 FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landcrusher909

Athlete/Race truck driver/Hobbyist
Threads
Purist step away. You all know I love my FJ45 and more than that Life and Adventure. So after receiving confirmation from the Race and Tech Directors. As long as all Safety and rules are followed we will be Racing my 1967 FJ45 in the mini/mid Stock class in the MINT 400. March 2023. 200 mile desert race. As you can see I have already started working on suspension upgrades, I want to Thank TLCA my family, friends and Rusty Nail racing for all the support. Its going to be Epic

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (6).jpg

thumbnail (7).jpg

Wow Rob, that is so cool! Are we going full long travel desert truck suspension! Need a chase truck!!! Cant wait to see this happen!
Justin gave me a set of Sky's springs the same ones he runs on the 4619. Looking for Raptor 3.0 shocks. Lots of surprises coming up for this build. @orangefj45 Valley Hybrids and Cruiser Brothers are really coming through with parts. The community has been awesome. It's going to be Epic

Got the spring hangers welded up today Thanks Bob. And started pulling a set of doors apart. Pulling glass and getting measurements for the window netting. This week we should have the new springs on.

20220918_180208.jpg

20220918_180217.jpg

Finished getting the stock shock towers removed. Going to start getting the spring hangers set. It's going to be a Great day

20220919_095723.jpg

20220919_111721.jpg

20220919_111929.jpg

20220919_111937.jpg

Never in a million years would I have expected to see this on this truck.

Do the race rules allow you to duct tape a flashlight to serve as a license plate light? They should.

Dan

Rob, I am speechless here. I both admire your can-do attitude and cringe at the thought of THAT truck racing on the mint 400 course. I've driven a lot of the course in my SXS when I lived in Vegas, I probably did 1500 miles of riding out at Jean/Primm. The whoops between Jean Dry Lake bed & Primm are insane. I swear you could hide a VW beetle in the trough of some of them! Maybe they don't route you over the same course the Class 1 and TT's drive on.

Looking forward to following along the adventure! I'm sure you know this, but Dan Fredrickson at RuffStuff was a landcruiser guy at some point in life. I remember him telling me about an FJ45 in his past waay back when he answered the phones in 08 or 09 (maybe he still does?!?). That would be another resource that may help you out in your pursuit of strength and desert speed if you haven't already reached out to them!

Last edited:
Geometry and Angles
Rob, I am speechless here. I both admire your can-do attitude and cringe at the thought of THAT truck racing on the mint 400 course. I've driven a lot of the course in my SXS when I lived in Vegas, I probably did 1500 miles of riding out at Jean/Primm. The whoops between Jean Dry Lake bed & Primm are insane. I swear you could hide a VW beetle in the trough of some of them! Maybe they don't route you over the same course the Class 1 and TT's drive on.

Looking forward to following along the adventure! I'm sure you know this, but Dan Fredrickson at RuffStuff was a landcruiser guy at some point in life. I remember him telling me about an FJ45 in his past waay back when he answered the phones in 08 or 09 (maybe he still does?!?). That would be another resource that may help you out in your pursuit of strength and desert speed if you haven't already reached out to them!
Dan and his crew have helped tremendously over the years and still are in this project. I've spent a lot of time going over our game plan. It's all about the suspennsion that's why its all over kill. Sky's Off road design springs, Ford Raptor 3.0 shocks, Dimond front axle housing, FJ60 knuckles, fj60 tie rods and ends, later 1974 steering center arm, FJ62 4:10 3rd members, full safety Mint tech and 22 gallon Jazz fuel cell. Full cage and bed hoop plated and welded to the frame. That's the short list LOL

20220920_143316.jpg

20220920_143259.jpg

These doors are getting refurbished to replace my original ones. We're removing the wind wing and welding up the frames for the window netting

20220920_131620.jpg

20220920_131616.jpg

20220918_180217.jpg

Following....

Why choose to race something with so little interior space and seat room? Or are you completely redoing the interior and top?
We will be pulling the bench seat. After the roll cage is built installing race seats 5 point harness, and helmet air systems. Why race my 45. Because no ones ever done it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom