Just bought '96 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long time Toyota owner, first time cruiser.
Triple locked, 247k , other than having a very low stance because it's sitting on 235/65/16's, it's stock.
Oil pan gasket has a small leak. Shocks are gone. (Rides like the Uncle Buck's Mercury Marquis) Driver's seat was stuck in permanent recline (turns out someone removed the motor from the housing and reinstalled it empty.) Front seats need recovering. Rears are cracked. Third row is like new. Sunroof doesn't open, Passenger rear door card has a tear in the vinyl. Most of the "woodgrain" is warped or discolored. It has not been washed for several years. Body is surprisingly straight. Other than the driver's side quarter, which was repainted at some point, the paint is pretty faded. One small spot of surface rust on the upper hatch at the bottom of the window. Floppy driver's visor. Scrapes on the fender flares. Right tailgate stay is missing the bolt on the hatch side. Broken antenna mast

So far I've removed and cleaned the carpet. ( Found $3.66 in change and enough Cheerios and Goldfish to sustain a family of mice through the winter) Got the drivers seat repositioned so that I don't get a core workout while driving it. Pressure washed 3 years of grime and mildew from the exterior and done a test polish on the hood paint.

Plans (so far)
Replace oil pan gasket
Change all fluids.
new plugs and wires, air filter
2" OME lift and 33's
Blast and paint the crusty OE rims
Recline motor for drivers seat
Add Seat heaters and replace front seat leather.
Repair fender flares
Remove the "woodgrain"
Power/volume knob for stock radio
New antenna mast
New sun visors
Polish

IMG-4668.jpg

IMG-4669.jpg

IMG-4667 (1).jpg

IMG-4670.jpg

IMG-4671.jpg

Congrats and looks like you got an easy one! You can do everything twice or you can do it once .. but i recommend you pull the carpet and clean it on a tarp. Mine came back to new looking and mine had a lot of grandkids trips in it. Great time to run the wires for your seat heater install and for you to put in another fuse box to manage it and your other later additions.

You will never feel clean until you remove all the previous owner out of the vehicle.

Edit: never mind you already cleaned it!

That white will polish up very nice.

Unless you just really like leather, now is the time to consider converting to cloth. I wish i would have and probably still will.

Good luck finding these!
I got a brand new driver's side, OEM. It wasn't cheap, but it's nice. I even did a thread here.
Good luck finding these!
I got a driver's side new OEM last year, I even did a PSA thread here.
74320-60401BO from Megazip
It ain't cheap, but it's nice

It looks like megazip also has 74320-60401-A1. Is that tan?

I just hit a domestic source with your part number. It comes up with the part number I have above, maybe an updated part number, or different color. The domestic source says "discontinued." mine did come directly from Japan.:clap:

This is the part number I found
74320-60250-03. From what I can tell it’s an OEM overseas part that doesn’t have the vanity mirror.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom