What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (58 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced the rear output shaft seal and bearing. Much easier than the front, which I did two months ago (ran out of time to knock out the rear at the same time). It started leaking on return from the Ozarks a couple weeks ago. Greased everything up and changed all the gear oil as it was time.

View attachment 3118282

View attachment 3118283

View attachment 3118284
That thing is absolutely clean as all get out. Shows what a little love and maintenance can do for you over the long run. Nice work!

Replaced the Group 27F battery with a Group 49 AGM. Used a piece of 3/4 inch plywood as a tray spacer. The stock battery hold down is working fine.

This Group 49 AGM battery I bought form NAPA Auto Parts for about US$200.00 It is marked "Made in Germany" and the label says 92 amp hours.

IMG_4363.jpeg
IMG_4366.jpeg

Replaced the Group 27F battery with a Group 49 AGM. Used a piece of 3/4 inch plywood as a tray spacer. The stock battery hold down is working fine.

This Group 49 AGM battery I bought form NAPA Auto Parts for about US$200.00 It is marked "Made in Germany" and the label says 92 amp hours.

View attachment 3118458View attachment 3118459
For what it's worth I am running the same battery, but went with this hold down. It didn't even cross my mind to raise up the battery.

Amazon product ASIN B09BJ6SG8Y

Were you able to weld the spindles within the bumper as well? That's how my 4x4labs bumper is and I think it's important for longevity and to prevent the spare tire from rocking fore and aft.
I did not, but the though occurred to me that the bottom of the spindle would be stronger if welded. Issue is that from the bottom once the spindle is in, there isn't any access to the bottom of the spindle. I suppose I could drill a hole and weld from beneath. Have any pics to share showing what you described?

Maybe take a video with your camera inside the bumper and then extend the swing out and put your weight on it. Check for spindle movement. That is the kind of forces it'll see when off-road x 10,000!

Anyone have a part number for the clip that holds the driver sun visor?

I bought this for my grey interior - perfect fit!
Thank you! I forget about ebay.....
here is what I bought for my tan interior:

Installed some goodies from Trail Tailor.

After a quick pull from a Taco last week ( blame the heater tee 👎) and having the tow strap fly off that stupid hook up front I went home and ordered the proper tow points. Soft Shackle Tow Points - 60 80 100 Series - https://trail-tailor.com/store/p95/Tow_Points_-_60_80_100_Series.html

Since I was on the website, I had to find something else to buy. Sway bar link upgrade! Front and back now complete. Plus wife says the ride is better, so win – win. 👍

IMG_5861.jpeg

IMG_5863.jpeg

Maybe take a video with your camera inside the bumper and then extend the swing out and put your weight on it. Check for spindle movement. That is the kind of forces it'll see when off-road x 10,000!
great point, will definitely weld up the lower spindle sections :beer:

Found scrap aluminum at my metal supply shop sold by weight. 1/8” plate and 1/4” aluminum. Purchased Sherpa mounts with their ss hardware and t nuts extrusions. Had to do some tig welding to add more width to give the front more real estate for the roof curve.
I put a white wrap on the roof prior to starting. I think I’ll keep it raw.

34B2B15D-3709-46F0-BFA5-13A8F18D2F48.jpeg

A157043F-4379-427E-AEE0-EB53F4F3730E.jpeg

E723C01E-AD21-4D84-A8F9-1C4CD7981A7C.jpeg

E80C1432-71EB-4D76-89F7-8F7701493798.jpeg

1F60C567-07DB-4367-986A-4AA4B1A96FC5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom