With the shortage of fusible links... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Midi fuses are easily replaceable, and easier to diagnose.
No offense intended, I just don’t want another fuse box under the hood.

The way I see it the youngest 80 is now 25 years old.
Like everything else on these trucks the FLs are starting to age and some need replacing
The one that were well cared for are still going strong.
A better hold down helps a lot and should be done anyway as the original design is in inadequate and dangerous.
The @LandCruiserPhil (LCP.com ) battery hold down kit is a perfect solution as it addresses the battery hold down and moves the FL mounting point to the back of the battery box.
So no matter how many times you disconnect, remove or replace the battery the FL don’t get touched it also relieves any strain on them.
The battery hold down is a needed upgrade anyway then add a new FL (under $20 ) put the good working one in your spares or glove box and you should be good to go for another 20+ years.

For me this falls under the kiss plan.

KISS plan = keep it simple stupid.

My set 😉

View attachment 3115877

View attachment 3115878
Is that screw head JIS though?!

The way I see it the youngest 80 is now 25 years old.
Like everything else on these trucks the FLs are starting to age and some need replacing
The one that were well cared for are still going strong.
A better hold down helps a lot and should be done anyway as the original design is in inadequate and dangerous.
The @LandCruiserPhil (LCP.com ) battery hold down kit is a perfect solution as it addresses the battery hold down and moves the FL mounting point to the back of the battery box.
So no matter how many times you disconnect, remove or replace the battery the FL don’t get touched it also relieves any strain on them.
The battery hold down is a needed upgrade anyway then add a new FL (under $20 ) put the good working one in your spares or glove box and you should be good to go for another 20+ years.

For me this falls under the kiss plan.

KISS plan = keep it simple stupid.

My set 😉

View attachment 3115877

View attachment 3115878

- i see your @LandCruiserPhil different battery hold down but are you actually running your OEM fusible links set up and its sandwiched stacked

ring terminals off that un-protected double sided bare shop-made lug system you have going on there 🤔

- i foresee trouble on your Teq Horizon without these rascals below on both sides , MR-T would be very very displeased with the entire USA-SPEC. 80 Series

community as a whole if he saw such NON-FSM monkey-shines taking place on one of his JDM-produced babies he put in a metal basket and sent across the pond ........

- the RED one below will make MR-T happiest , as its meant for a 12mm HEX head fastener , so your 3/8" SAE ones should be all snuggly under its watchful eye ..

:D

1663282128539.png

1663282156134.png

1663282183832.png

- i see your @LandCruiserPhil different battery hold down but are you actually running your OEM fusible links set up and its sandwiched stacked

ring terminals off that un-protected double sided bare shop-made lug system you have going on there 🤔

- i foresee trouble on your Teq Horizon without these rascals below on both sides , MR-T would be very very displeased with the entire USA-SPEC. 80 Series

community as a whole if he saw such NON-FSM monkey-shines taking place on one of his JDM-produced babies he put in a metal basket and sent across the pond ........

- the RED one below will make MR-T happiest , as its meant for a 12mm HEX head fastener , so your 3/8" SAE ones should be all snuggly under its watchful eye ..

:D

View attachment 3115980

View attachment 3115981

View attachment 3115982
Thank you for your concern.
It’s actually all part of Phil’s kit.
But yes it’s shop made.
And literally hundreds of thousands positive side power posts are unprotected including 80 series batteries once the Hood is up.
It’s been that way with for years with out issue.
I see no difference in that shop made lug then the unprotected auxiliary lug that my wince is hooked up to.
The main lug boot protectors came with the military style connectors that I added.
Would the boot insulator make it better yes is it necessary no.
One should use caution whenever working around a live battery.
IMHO my set up is much cleaner and safer then most of the battery that I see.
The FLs are better protected and have less strain on them, They don’t get moved around every time you mess with the battery.
A win win
Cheers

Last edited:
Thank you for your concern.
It’s actually all part of Phil’s kit.
But yes it’s shop make.
And literally hundreds of thousands positive side power posts are unprotected including 80 series batteries once the Hood is up.
It’s been that way with for years with out issue.
I see no difference in that shop made lug then the unprotected auxiliary lug that my wince is hooked up to.
The main lug boot protectors came with the military style connectors that I added.
Would the boot insulator make it better yes is it necessary no.
One should use caution whenever working around a live battery.
IMHO my set up is much cleaner and safer then most of the battery that I see.
The FLs are better protected and have less strain on them, They don’t get moved around every time you mess with the battery.
A win win
Cheers

I do like the anti-strain feature this system features …

I think the whole pulling and general lack of any freedom of movement
Allowed factors into all vintage toyota vehicles fusible links failing pre-maturity..

Yeh
Dave:

@Broski 's post was entirely sarcasm. He was combining information from multiple threads (that you may have missed in your absence) about thing that folks were bagging on him about.

I hope the TBI has not caused a loss of humor as well, as it frequently can.

Prayers for healing!

Just let @landtank be. He's egging you on like there's no tomorrow.

With any luck, no more busloads of Nuns and Kindergartners will be stranded, broken down, or killed due to faulty FL's or soft brakes, but someone here will have enough tools in their rig to get the bus back on track!
I know, when sad people are bored and have got nothing else in their life that's what they do, as I said I am done with this.

Thanks for the health comment, it is appreciated.

Regards

Dave

I’m hoping this thread keeps hopping because more 80 / 81 series will be able stay issue free on and off the road …

BF73EA56-2B8E-4A7F-94F0-55B842050C61.jpeg

1663392946304.png

I see I got a 'dislike' on one of my posts. My first I think despite being on MUD for something like eleven plus years this single 'dislike' versus thousands of 'likes'?

Unfortunately it seems there are still those out there that can manage (well just about) read one post and make a judgment call based on that single post, instead of reading the whole thread to see how the post became such a mess.....ah well.

Regards

Dave

I'm hopping I see a fist fight at meetup because of this thread.

I don't do fighting (well not any more), I became more mature now and have been for.......well at least a couple of weeks. 😇

Regards

Dave

"I did not know you had access to the world non FL failed database, of course it could be a guess on your part?"
"Perhaps the mechanic in me is just so OTT and I like to be able to help people out? But in my defense I am built like that from the factory, but at the opposite end of the spectrum are those people that don't think like that, they are often seen running home with their ball because someone does not agree with their another persons thoughts, regardless if they are factual, helpful or otherwise, strangely enough you will find many on forums such as this."

"Jeez I am getting bored trying to explain to you, but I will try just one more time."

"what I did say (if you took the time to read my post properly instead of rushing to the keyboard hoping to tap out a quick reply making your somewhat weak and off point replies look well....... wrong?"

"So unless you and @Broski (I assume you have read his recent post) have finished making yourselves look stupid I think I have made it clear?"

"Despite me making everything as clear as possible, I feel am not getting anything achieved by trying to help anyone with my factual posts in his thread, so I will call it done. It is not a case of 'giving up', more a case of trying to explain the same things over and over but with different words, and despite there being facts to hand it seems just some just don't quite get it, perhaps it is me, sometimes I am often found to be using words with more than one syllable."

"Unfortunately it seems there are still those out there that can manage (well just about) read one post and make a judgment call based on that single post, instead of reading the whole thread to see how the post became such a mess.....ah well.

Regards"

Well, I'm the one that gave you the thumbs down. You seem knowledgeable about the topics you post on but you drip with condescension in those same posts.
I did not react to one post. I have read several posts from you that are similar in nature. You also state that you are done with the issue only to show back up with another remark. All couched with the final "Regards".
Condescending and passive/ aggressive?
Don't feel too threatened as I'm just a dumb old country hick.
You can denigrate a southerner to his face and get away with it as long as you are smiling. Just leave his mom and his dog out of the conversation and remember that I can't see you smile on the internuts.

Regards

rebelboy

I see I got a 'dislike' on one of my posts. My first I think despite being on MUD for something like eleven plus years this single 'dislike' versus thousands of 'like
Thousands ?
1663622030860.png

You keep saying your done ? Maybe you don't understand what that means.

I don't do fighting (well not any more), I became more mature now and have been for.......well at least a couple of weeks. 😇

Regards

Dave
I was mostly kidding. The only person I plan on fighting is @Somebodyelse5 , ( I will defiantly win by the way) but I'm waiting for him to get something besides mall cruiser.

I was mostly kidding. The only person I plan on fighting is @Somebodyelse5 , ( I will defiantly win by the way) but I'm waiting for him to get something besides mall cruiser.
I am not fighting anyone 😂

My 80 is immaculate and you are just jealous of my beautiful non-crack-head paint that is corrected and ceramic coated to perfection 😘

Still plenty available 😉

4E0900AD-C439-4089-A28F-BFF07AAA0CD5.jpeg

its gonna be very interesting to actually see 3 for every 1 above amount of SKUNK-WORKS Laboratory Hand-Crafted and Produced OEM 100% Toyota Genuine JAPAN

Spec. Parts HARNESS Side 91-97 SERVICE Spec. Connector PIG-TAILS / Crimp , Heat , Shrink , 3-M Plug and Play " Problem Solvers " appear here later today via photos or they do not exist format ....\
i have also assigned them a OEM Style and themed PART # exclusive to VintageTeqParts.com 90982-0FJ80 :idea:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom