Accelerator pedal position sensor - P2121 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On the home stretch of a 2400 mile trip, about 300 miles from home, check engine light comes on. Loss of acceleration, pulled over. Fortunately, had a OBD scanner, and the code was P2121 - APPS sensor. I was able to clear the code and made it home without further issue. Dodged a bullet.

So, now what to do. Since the code is cleared, wait to see if it happens again, or have it checked with tech stream ? Would tech stream even show anything since the code is cleared ?

-g

If the code didn't return you have an intermittent problem. TIS does have a check mode function, this will change the code set criteria to set the DTC at first failure under a reduced amount of time. I don't know the extract criteria for a 2121 but it's a pretty simple fault to diagnose. what year is your cruiser? You'll basically compare your APP voltages against the TPS, you'll want to watch for the signal for a smooth voltage transition from closed throttle to WOT. there will be a PID in TIS you can watch before breaking out other tools.

If the code didn't return you have an intermittent problem. TIS does have a check mode function, this will change the code set criteria to set the DTC at first failure under a reduced amount of time. I don't know the extract criteria for a 2121 but it's a pretty simple fault to diagnose. what year is your cruiser? You'll basically compare your APP voltages against the TPS, you'll want to watch for the signal for a smooth voltage transition from closed throttle to WOT. there will be a PID in TIS you can watch before breaking out other tools.
It's a 2006 LX470. I'm no techstream expert, but I'll be taking it for some other, unrelated service, so I'll pass this information along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom