Post your high-mileage 100-series!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Among other things! Just picked it up Thursday. Couldn’t pass up the price, free!

Do you think it’s worth sinking some money into to get it back up into tip top shape?
Probably not the best thread to discuss that here. I suggest starting a new thread!
Tag me in your new thread and I will be happy to share my thoughts.

IMG_8061.png

A344E40D-D461-4704-9F36-0C6D5A25701B.png

Probably not the best thread to discuss that here. I suggest starting a new thread!
Tag me in your new thread and I will be happy to share my thoughts.
Probably not the best thread to discuss that here... because of course we're all going to say YES you totally should buy it and sink an unreasonable amount of money and time into it.

336k! Purring like a kitten and everything works!👏

In addition to the incredible durability of these trucks, the thing I always find amazing is just how close to new they are, even with miles that would be unthinkable on other vehicles! I just sold my 330k mile 2000 to my brother in law, and not only did the truck drive like a 30,000 mile vehicle, everything works as it should, and it's still COMPLETELY squeak and rattle-free! Based on that experience, and with other 100s I've had, I had ZERO reservations when I recently bought my 2006 with 275k on it.........I knew it was nowhere near being used up.

Contrast these trucks to a well-maintained, 87,000 mile, 2000 model, 7-series BMW that was GIVEN to a friend of mine. Though never wrecked, but always garaged and maintained, by 87k it is just junk. It still smells good inside, but it was given to him without cost because it just always. needed. something.

I've realized I like working on a vehicle because I want to, not because I have to.

Thanks Toyota!

336k! Purring like a kitten and everything works!👏
I just passed 365k service today and all she needed was new fluids and filters. Not to say I haven't spent a lot of money in the last 12 months to get her here. But there is something just right about driving a Cruiser that I cant quite put my finger on. Even with all the kms, it just rides comfortably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom