40 Series RHD bench seat… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where O where could I find one of these? Been to Mordor and back trying to locate a RHD bench seat for an HJ45. Who's got one hidden in their parts pile they’ll never use? I don’t care about the condition of the upholstery or padding just need to find one without selling a kid to the local adrenochrome harvesting lab.

7F3FE731-8EDA-4221-90A8-87F6746AC831.jpeg

Did you find some seats? I am also looking for 60/40 bench seats for my 1970 FJ40. I would be happy with after market. Any help is appreciated. Dave

Did you find some seats? I am also looking for 60/40 bench seats for my 1970 FJ40. I would be happy with after market. Any help is appreciated. Dave
No Dave I have not located one that was for sale. Apparently people just like to tell you they have one and it’s not for sale. I don’t believe there are any after market bench seats that are made specifically for a 40 series. You may be able to make brackets to fit a random pick up bench in but need to be careful with the height while using a stock non adjustable steering column as it will be difficult getting your legs between a higher seat and the wheel. Best of luck locating one.

No Dave I have not located one that was for sale. Apparently people just like to tell you they have one and it’s not for sale. I don’t believe there are any after market bench seats that are made specifically for a 40 series. You may be able to make brackets to fit a random pick up bench in but need to be careful with the height while using a stock non adjustable steering column as it will be difficult getting your legs between a higher seat and the wheel. Best of luck locating one.
Thank you Brother!!!

I am affraid that only in OZ you may find such RHD seats.
In Europe they (re)appear from time to time, but that is LHD...

The late and earlier HJ45 seats can relatively easily be found here in South Africa for about $250 to $300 a pair. No headrests on the local production though. Shipping will be a killer though getting them stateside.

The late and earlier HJ45 seats can relatively easily be found here in South Africa for about $250 to $300 a pair. No headrests on the local production though. Shipping will be a killer though getting them stateside.
Is that something you might be interested in helping me explore? If you want to PM me with your location info I can look in to shipping if you’d be down to locate them in your area and helping with getting them to the shipper. I’d love to get two sets of 80s RHD benches.

Is that something you might be interested in helping me explore? If you want to PM me with your location info I can look in to shipping if you’d be down to locate them in your area and helping with getting them to the shipper. I’d love to get two sets of 80s RHD benches.
Not a problem.

We have an offroad business operating throughout the country (although the core business is on new 70 series Cruisers and Hiluxes), so logistics in terms of storage, shipper pickup, export licensing and permit requirements and the like is all possible, within reason of course.

Keep in mind that volume sales of 45's only started from '75 and all is General Countries spec, so later parts are the only ones easier to come by.

Feel free to PM me and I will send some contact details.

These are the cool 75-78 LHD bench seats. The driver seat could be converted from LHD to RHD ok-ish (swapping the hinges between the driver and passenger seat) but the bench would need cutting and welding of the seat frame to be installed in a RHD vehicle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom