Intro thread ‘78 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, I bought a former ranch/ hunting FJ40 last week. I’m excited to see it come back to life and a little overwhelmed with the scope of the project. I drive it around for a few minutes to remind myself why I got it. All smiles again.
First on the list is to get it to pass an inspection 😅.

Looking forward to it all.

No - - first is to post a couple pics for our viewing pleasure - - THEN the fun starts :grinpimp:

Here is the starting line
C3DC2169-E883-4FAE-B37F-8FDB4E348A7F.jpeg
300580DB-F464-4F66-AFE3-8244FAFF9E75.jpeg
766A933B-1F2D-456B-822D-F782E0DA7EB9.jpeg

An acetone/purple scotchbrite bath will do wonders. Find out what’s underneath all that primer.
What’s the end result-weekend Cruiser, wheeler, rock crawler?
Good call on the bath. I’m planning on making it a daily driver. My commute is 4 miles round trip. With that said, I need a few parts and lots of work to get it there.

Good call on the bath. I’m planning on making it a daily driver. My commute is 4 miles round trip. With that said, I need a few parts and lots of work to get it there.
Personally I’m leaning more towards the purist route as I get older.
Stock lights/wheels, original paint, etc.
I’ve got a ways to go as well 🙂

With that said, I need a few parts and lots of work to get it there.

BIG understatement, Bro. :cool:

Looking forward to your journey. I started mine two years ago. Slow and steady works for me.

In Texas, at least San Antonio, I have mine registered as an "Antique Vehicle." $50 for 5 years. Technically not supposed to drive it for anything other than parades and service, but everyone does and it's been three years and never had it questioned. Best part about antique vehicle is it doesn't require an inspection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom