70 series dash pad restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did a search for this and didn't find anything within the 70 series forum. As many of our 70 series parts are becoming NLA which includes the RHD dash pad assy specifically modified for inclinometer placement and also the inclinometer assy itself, I managed to get both of these parts used from @JDMStanNTopSoft. Both the used dash pad and used inclinometer hood needs some love but restoring padded dash pads isn't something I ever did before. Does anyone here have any recommendations for doing this? I know there are lots of youtube videos on this of various methods.

I am probably going to end up using justdashes as they sent me an quote but they are defiantly on the pricey side (and have 4-6 month lead time) so I am still exploring my options.

I did a search for this and didn't find anything within the 70 series forum. As many of our 70 series parts are becoming NLA which includes the RHD dash pad assy specifically modified for inclinometer placement and also the inclinometer assy itself, I managed to get both of these parts used from @JDMStanNTopSoft. Both the used dash pad and used inclinometer hood needs some love but restoring padded dash pads isn't something I ever did before. Does anyone here have any recommendations for doing this? I know there are lots of youtube videos on this of various methods.

I am probably going to end up using justdashes as they sent me an quote but they are defiantly on the pricey side (and have 4-6 month lead time) so I am still exploring my options.

From my BMW days, it's rather labor intensive if you're fixing cracks deep into the foam. Granted E28/E30 dash can get cracked CRACKED. Hunter Biden levels of cracked. If it's just ripped/worn vinyl it shouldn't be too bad.

All that said, I've heard good things about JustDashes from other BMW dudes who have used them.

All that said, I've heard good things about JustDashes from other BMW dudes who have used them.

There is nothing bad said about them that I can find online. If there is any complaint at all, it is the pricing. I guess this is the only way to get a "new" set.

There is nothing bad said about them that I can find online. If there is any complaint at all, it is the pricing. I guess this is the only way to get a "new" set.

I've heard the work they do is great. I can't imagine the pricing would be the same for a full dash vs the 75-Series pad. The 70 dash pad is simple compared to some of the stuff they deal with.

I've heard the work they do is great. I can't imagine the pricing would be the same for a full dash vs the 75-Series pad. The 70 dash pad is simple compared to some of the stuff they deal with.

I just called them and found out they were quoting me for a 1993 80 series dashboard so they went down on the price some after I explained the differences in size but not a lot. The 80 series dash looks much bigger and more complex to ship.

It is not damaged. More aged and tired.

The carbon fiber is a neat idea but I am honestly not into carbon fiber look when it comes to my cruiser.

The carbon fiber is a neat idea but I am honestly not into carbon fiber look when it comes to my cruiser.

Then you could warped it’s easy to do and to take off the dash

I understand I wanted the pad black for my self but couldn’t find any replacement for it and it was already carbon wrapped so just did it better. The previous owners drilled something there 🤦🏻‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom