SOLD 1975 FJ40 - 25k So. Ca (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Outside Link
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/huntington-beach-1975-toyota/7529266283.html
Hey Mud Members,
My craigslist link below. Selling the rig because I stumbled upon a barn find this week, huge thanks to Joe Rawson for the assist with the last minute grab. I need to make space for this new project.

Rig for sale is a 1975 FJ40
Paint and rust situation the some of the best I have seen.
Motor / Trans original and drives as it should
ZERO rust - frame, door sills, rear sill, fenders all clean etc.
Weatherstripping is brittle and needs replacing. I have all new on hand but have not installed any.
Disk brake conversion from P/O with FJ60
Hard top is in good shape.
Clean title

Thanks for looking and thanks to this unique community. I feel the price is fair but I may be out of touch- I am about to find out =)

FJ40.jpg

Dash.jpg

IMG_1452 Small.jpeg

Motor.jpg

IMG_1464 Small.jpeg

GLWS. Fond memories of dawn patrol north side of the pier in HB back in the 80’s. Learned to surf at Seal Beach just up the road. Cheers

@nor_cal_cyclist

Here is your non-project truck.
Thank you...just got talked out of a S American import, seems more issues than they are worth. This one looks like some aftermarket seats, the FJ60 discs, and front roll bar added to the truck, but otherwise clean. Might try to make an offer, if I can find someone to go take a peek at it.

Thank you...just got talked out of a S American import, seems more issues than they are worth. This one looks like some aftermarket seats, the FJ60 discs, and front roll bar added to the truck, but otherwise clean. Might try to make an offer, if I can find someone to go take a peek at it.
Seats are original- just seat covers. I’ll snap a photo for you later of them without the covers on. The roll bar and wheel tire combo kill me as well, I hear you.

Looks like a solid 40 and a 75 in CA is a good find.
Forgive me, my eyes may be playing tricks on me with the pictures. In the rear bed and drivers side floor under the seat, was this originally Mustard Yellow and repainted Dune Beige? (on most, the original paint is on the firewall is the giveaway of the previous color and they paint all the rest. unless they have the engine out obviously for a full restoration)

Good luck with the sale, very tempting....

Last edited:
Looks like a solid 40 and a 75 in CA is a good find.
Forgive me, my eyes may be playing tricks on me with the pictures. In the rear bed and drivers side floor under the seat, was this originally Mustard Yellow and repainted Dune Beige? (on most, the original paint is on the firewall is the giveaway of the previous color and they paint all the rest. unless they have the engine out obviously for a full restoration)

Good luck with the sale, very tempting....
Howdy! Nope. It’s like an adhesive laid down by previous owner. The paint is intact and original. Thanks for taking a look! Holler if you need any more photos.

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom