What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you describe the minimal mods to the brackets to make them work. Did it require welding I assume?
I explained it a little better in this post here. (Link)

you basically drill one hole in the sliders and use and existing hole to mount them to the bottom of the seats, leave the inner bracket alone, and drill the rivets out of the outer brackets and move them over 3/4 inch and reweld them. It was pretty simple and only took an hour or two to do

i have SKUNK-WORK'd up these while key-punching in JAPAN , :idea:

100% OEM Toyota Genuine Parts ...

1662168947943.png

1662168972005.png

1662168992226.png

Wired in a Split Second Enricher, which alters the signal from the O2 sensors so you can add fuel in closed loop. It was lean up to 3 psi, now I'm around 12.5 in that range but once I hit 4+ lbs of boost it goes to 17 even 18 for a sec then afr drops back down. Fueling just seems all over the place right now and I think I'm going to end up going Megasquirt. Need the MS for dummies guide lol. I'm sure I'm missing some inputs on the 3FE the MS will need like crank position sensor and maybe others. Committed to the turbo though that's for sure.

IMG_20220903_103016.jpg

Wired in a Split Second Enricher, which alters the signal from the O2 sensors so you can add fuel in closed loop. It was lean up to 3 psi, now I'm around 12.5 in that range but once I hit 4+ lbs of boost it goes to 17 even 18 for a sec then afr drops back down. Fueling just seems all over the place right now and I think I'm going to end up going Megasquirt. Need the MS for dummies guide lol. I'm sure I'm missing some inputs on the 3FE the MS will need like crank position sensor and maybe others. Committed to the turbo though that's for sure.

View attachment 3105105
Have you had this on a dyno? Be interested to know what she makes! On an engine management note, I've been very happy with my Wolf but I don't think they're supported much in the states?

FJ Parts factory mirrors, Rust Farmer reproduction cabin vents, splash guards from factory, replaced some bolts from Vintage cause he’s got handy indented and captured bolts in bulk. AND certainly not the least but we had an exorcism of the wiring kind. It was awful #needanapnow

6FE4BD9C-3D50-4B66-8D21-AE431F29D81B.jpeg

DB685BC6-AAEC-4EFA-877F-80B06040C3DA.jpeg

ACCB39AA-AD07-4FD1-96D5-C8BD5999F704.jpeg

9E4F848D-9BAB-4DDD-AFE7-8CB2E69EC97F.jpeg

Have you had this on a dyno? Be interested to know what she makes! On an engine management note, I've been very happy with my Wolf but I don't think they're supported much in the states?
I would love to put it on a dyno, but I live in a pretty remote area and the closest one is probably 8 hours away.
I've been reading the microsquirt manual and I think this is the way I'm going to go.

I'm swapping out a leaky heat core today (and maybe into next weekend). There are three options with this job: 1) do it yourself; 2) pay a shop lots of $$$$ and save yourself the aggravation; 3) burn it to the ground.

I'm deep into #1 but #3 is still an option.

IMG_8725.jpg

I'm swapping out a leaky heat core today (and maybe into next weekend). There are three options with this job: 1) do it yourself; 2) pay a shop lots of $$$$ and save yourself the aggravation; 3) burn it to the ground.

I'm deep into #1 but #3 is still an option.

View attachment 3106496
I did this job a few weeks ago. Total pain in the ass, but it sure is nice to drive and not see coolant leaking into the floor... keep at it! You'll be glad when you're done!

20220621_095953.jpg

I did this job a few weeks ago. Total pain in the ass, but it sure is nice to drive and not see coolant leaking into the floor... keep at it! You'll be glad when you're done!

View attachment 3106531

Leak developed last spring after I replaced a leaky radiator and since the weather was warm I capped off the lines under the hood. Cooler weather is sort of approaching so I'm replacing the core. I had a spare and I refreshed the o-rings plus added a bead of sealant to avoid leakage at the connections and as it turned out the leak with the old core is at one of the o-ring connections.

This weekend I wheeled it on the Sourgrass Trail, the two previous weekends and the week connecting them I was on the Rubicon trail leading the Wagon Run for TLCA’s Rubithon event. The newly swapped 1HD-T performed perfectly. The low rpm torque makes my 163:1 final ratio feel even bigger. Always such a fun trip and great people!

7DC1D6A5-C618-44C4-9A17-5B1B34FDF181.jpeg

5676C18C-89F2-4129-B711-EFACEEB2DB50.jpeg

AF1F4A4B-414D-43B6-9914-B400B94742F8.jpeg

A5163A2E-FA2C-415C-BA5C-2F8920C1017C.jpeg

32A9FCF0-97DE-463E-8BB8-C2B0A7704269.jpeg

Last edited:
Are the splash guards still available from Toyota?

Yes, or for much less, you can get a thicker (1/8" EPDM- Chemical resistant) version from us with clips.

Jason

This weekend I wheeled it on the Sourgrass Trail, the two previous weekend and the week connecting them I was on the Rubicon trail leading the Wagon Run for TLCA’s Rubithon event. The newly swapped 1HD-T performed perfectly. The low rpm torque makes my 163:1 final ratio feel even bigger. Always such a fun trip and great people!

View attachment 3106980

View attachment 3106981

View attachment 3106982

View attachment 3106983

View attachment 3106984
Dude your rig is legendary. So nicely built!

Started reassembling the front axle with the new steering setup. Waiting on a few more parts to show up this week, but hoping to have it back on the road next weekend. I'll need to find some time after hours at work to make some bumpstop extensions before I can take it out on some trails to see if the bump-steer and general steering performance is improved with the flatter link angles though.

20220904_235143_2.jpg
20220904_235250.jpg

Finally found the culprit of my bogging, stuttering, stalling issue. Unattached EFI ground was hidden from sight up in the fuel rail wiring. Apparently I didn’t reconnect it from when I replaced my intake/exhaust manifold gasket. Took a while to figure this one out as I had some other self inflicted gremlins during my H55 swap.

E27EC23E-0340-4552-BCF3-BA6612D0ECF8.jpeg

2E862BED-7865-4931-86EF-88B8B03813F2.jpeg

Started reassembling the front axle with the new steering setup. Waiting on a few more parts to show up this week, but hoping to have it back on the road next weekend. I'll need to find some time after hours at work to make some bumpstop extensions before I can take it out on some trails to see if the bump-steer and general steering performance is improved with the flatter link angles though.

The high steer will be really nice but you really should put some 4-degree spring shims in. Watch out for contact between drag link and frame on the left side at full bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom