Lifted 80 drives like krap,, I'm thinking of going back to stock ride height (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have stock springs with 90k miles from a 97 if you're interested. I'll be passing through Illinois in the next couple of months.
I'm interested in them,, I did get new front OEM springs today,, but I might be interested in the whole set.. Bilt4Me has some as well, but he's stuck at work,, not sure the milage on his??
I went with dobinsons stock height springs and shocks. I also replaced every suspension bushing with oem. It rides freaking fantastic now.
Yeah, I think the C59 221V is the stock rear,, I'd much rather have OEM,, especially with that kool kolor on the dobinson's,, my dealer is out of town,, but as much as I would rather have the stock springs,, I may have to bite the bullet and order those green er blue green?? oh well.. I am replacing bushings,, I may even buy a press to keep from hauling all this krap around,, I'm probably going to stick with the front, and then hopefully have enough cash left to tackle the birfields and knuckles.

I've got frt panhard rod bushings, front radius arm bushing, sway bar bushings, my OEM tie rods came in today, my rear heater, and my factory springs for the front... my Tokico's are in Bloomington, Illinois, according to tracking... and I took my John Deere back to the farm and got it out of 1957 one car garage, lol.. I pushed some blow downs into a pile before the "Honey Badger" showed up to bring me back to town.. she even grilled me a rib eye...

but that will cease if I go look at this drop dead gorgeous, triple black 69 GTO!!! I hear angels singing when I look at that black babe!

but my new hobby may be collecting LC springs,, I will have a set of 3" springs when I'm done here,,, My real issue is likely those OME offset poly bushings,, they look shot,, I think they are squeeking . its kind of insane if you have to listen to it long.

and still no one has posted a link or suggested a shop with Toyota factory springs?? I kinda find that hard to believe, lol.

but thank you everyone, for all of your help,, I would still be looking for square one without you gents, very much appreciated!

Nobody is going to shop for you. Look up the part numbers and comparison shop the usual places.
Nobody is going to shop for you. Look up the part numbers and comparison shop the usual places.
ah! hell its all right, nobody else knows where their at either,, nice try at deflection! we could take that helmet off and see whats really under there, but maybe we better not, your Mom would probably be mad at both of us??

Last edited:
I'm interested in them,, I did get new front OEM springs today,, but I might be interested in the whole set.. Bilt4Me has some as well, but he's stuck at work,, not sure the milage on his??

Yeah, I think the C59 221V is the stock rear,, I'd much rather have OEM,, especially with that kool kolor on the dobinson's,, my dealer is out of town,, but as much as I would rather have the stock springs,, I may have to bite the bullet and order those green er blue green?? oh well.. I am replacing bushings,, I may even buy a press to keep from hauling all this krap around,, I'm probably going to stick with the front, and then hopefully have enough cash left to tackle the birfields and knuckles.

I've got frt panhard rod bushings, front radius arm bushing, sway bar bushings, my OEM tie rods came in today, my rear heater, and my factory springs for the front... my Tokico's are in Bloomington, Illinois, according to tracking... and I took my John Deere back to the farm and got it out of 1957 one car garage, lol.. I pushed some blow downs into a pile before the "Honey Badger" showed up to bring me back to town.. she even grilled me a rib eye...

but that will cease if I go look at this drop dead gorgeous, triple black 69 GTO!!! I hear angels singing when I look at that black babe!

but my new hobby may be collecting LC springs,, I will have a set of 3" springs when I'm done here,,, My real issue is likely those OME offset poly bushings,, they look shot,, I think they are squeeking . its kind of insane if you have to listen to it long.

and still no one has posted a link or suggested a shop with Toyota factory springs?? I kinda find that hard to believe, lol.

but thank you everyone, for all of your help,, I would still be looking for square one without you gents, very much appreciated!
Get the rear springs from @DC2NoVA .

IDK when I'm going to be out of here and my old springs have 245k and one rear on is not right.

You nee hydro assist. It slows down the steering effect.

I think Toyota did it right the first time,, I'd love to have some new factory springs and shocks,, but looks like rear springs are discontinued,, thanks for all your help guys, I do have radius arm bushes headed my way.. trends auto has some packages, and I like old man Emu,, but they don't seem to know if they have what I'm looking for. If you know of reasonably priced std springs or similar spec,, feel free to post a link.. I have followed some of the links, and a fellow member here has an engine and factory springs with 300,000 for practically give away,, I'd rather have new
OK, just an update, factory springs in front, Dobinson's C59-221V supposed factory equivalent?? (they're not,, rear about 2" higher than the front OEM springs),, OEM Tokico shocks,, no washers shipped with the shocks,, so had to modify all the washers on my previous shocks.. drilled them out, they were much thicker, so a real pain in the butt... it does drive better, radius arm bushings are in the freezer, so that's next.. once those are changed, front panhard rod bushings are next. I'm still looking for factory rear springs, if anyone has a source for new, feel free to pm or post, thanks billy...

factory springs in front, Dobinson's C59-221V supposed factory equivalent?? (they're not,, rear about 2" higher than the front OEM springs)

If your front springs are original, then they're almost certainly sagging significantly.

Check prices for factory springs on partsouq.com, amayama.com, and domestic sites like McGeorge.

If your front springs are original, then they're almost certainly sagging significantly.

Check prices for factory springs on partsouq.com, amayama.com, and domestic sites like McGeorge.
The fronts are brand new from your link, McGeorge, they don't have the rears. Parts out has 1 rear spring that I found?

I am in Minnisota this week on vacation but I can check at our shop in Phoenix for
good used rears. I will be in Monmouth I'll for a week starting Monday evening. Where are you at?

I am in Minnisota this week on vacation but I can check at our shop in Phoenix for
good used rears. I will be in Monmouth I'll for a week starting Monday evening. Where are you at?
Greenfield, 62044, enjoy your time in Central Obamastan, I love the fly in breakfast/aerobatics at Monmouth for the Stearman Fly in!

I hope you caught some small mouth in Minnisota, or pike or muskee, or Walleye, now that sound tasty!

OK, just an update, factory springs in front, Dobinson's C59-221V supposed factory equivalent?? (they're not,, rear about 2" higher than the front OEM springs),, OEM Tokico shocks,, no washers shipped with the shocks,, so had to modify all the washers on my previous shocks.. drilled them out, they were much thicker, so a real pain in the butt... it does drive better, radius arm bushings are in the freezer, so that's next.. once those are changed, front panhard rod bushings are next. I'm still looking for factory rear springs, if anyone has a source for new, feel free to pm or post, thanks billy...
OK, one radius arm out, and pressed out one of the poly bushings,,, it came out in pieces, so off to my local machinist in a big shop to let him try his luck on pressing them out, and the new ones in the cooler in! Say a prayer gents,, we'll see how it goes... and for the re-install and pulling the other one, LOL!!! those are some big arms, oh well...

OK, one radius arm out, and pressed out one of the poly bushings,,, it came out in pieces, so off to my local machinist in a big shop to let him try his luck on pressing them out, and the new ones in the cooler in! Say a prayer gents,, we'll see how it goes... and for the re-install and pulling the other one, LOL!!! those are some big arms, oh well...
alright, both radius arms rebushed by my favorite machinist, back under the truck... so all the bolts are still loose??? firm flat surface and re-torque?

alright, both radius arms rebushed by my favorite machinist, back under the truck... so all the bolts are still loose??? firm flat surface and re-torque?

All right, all snugged up and drum roll please!!! roll down the block and clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk,, yes it is a clunker,, actually its a tie rod end, and likely the steering damper as well.. so I have new panhard rod bushes,, new tie rod ends, but no new steering damper.. I've been looking?? OEM is 321 bucks on sale?? really?? I have been looking,,, a very productive day under the truck,, but good stuff only shines a light on the krap that's yet to Kome! I was going to drive to the farm, and smoke a cigar and burn some brush,, dammit! Oh well, the 80 strikes again...

I can't remember if you posted your year. 45700-60051 $232 at McGeorge in Virginia. They were down to an even $100 all day long pre-covid. I guess that ship has sailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom