85roktoy’s Bulldog Red 77 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few items in the works… @OPMACHINE
@mmcinnis
BD1F461B-D850-4212-A95E-3807CF619998.jpeg

5B2174A7-F018-42AB-B5AB-BB5B4625A202.jpeg

4377DEDC-9142-49B5-941C-3D8A60FFCA49.jpeg

I like that bumper... ALOT. You gonna make any more of it?

Those bumpers are freakin' lust worthy...

Sniper is in! She’s running amazing. Learning right now but everything feels really good. Responsiveness, power, smooth idle and all. Hoping it stays that way. Huge thanks to all that helped me along the way. @mmcinnis @Catching Neutral @GA Architect @wngrog @Skreddy I know I’m forgetting others. This forum is an amazing resource.

1008673F-CB77-4C0A-B89C-FD9AC7A77318.jpeg

4C058BE9-66F8-4EF2-B54F-568D4ECC4EBF.jpeg

Looking good! That is wild to see no vacuum hoses, no egr, no btv, no vsv, etc, etc. You got plans for all that real estate under the hood? lol

just doing some research on Holly Sniper for my 2F. What is the charcoal cansiter looking thing under the air intake? What'd you pay for all the components for the conversion? Mpg and hp gain estimates yet?

Looking good! That is wild to see no vacuum hoses, no egr, no btv, no vsv, etc, etc. You got plans for all that real estate under the hood? lol

just doing some research on Holly Sniper for my 2F. What is the charcoal cansiter looking thing under the air intake? What'd you pay for all the components for the conversion? Mpg and hp gain estimates yet?
My apologies for missing this. The canister is the RobbMC Powersurge. Houses the electric fuel pump for the Sniper.

IIRC I believe everything was around $2k. A lot of misc parts and pieces that I had to get along the way.

MPG’s are around 12 but my Speedo is off so that’s a guesstimate. No idea on the HP. It is a lot more responsive and smoother than the carb from my experience.

Refreshing the Selectros… Thought about switching to Warn hubs but I can’t bring myself to swapping out these beauties.

Rough sanded with a red scotch brite pad. Sprayed with satin black rustoleum then used a 200 grit foam block to scuff the top. Good enough for my liking.

6FC5E521-B768-4F94-8A94-5262FD9F0B36.jpeg

E751D41E-B435-4573-B27F-1ED2FF368EB6.jpeg

2472432A-88D1-4E02-BBB0-7F1A53C502D4.jpeg

F269C23A-4FBA-473B-8203-CD54610C1F03.jpeg

5D24B686-9340-473D-A80F-B90EDF4C44E4.jpeg

Excuse my ignorance but what fills the RobbMC Powersurge tank ? I have an ls and the frame rail pump is reliable but loud, would like to add a surge tank to prevent starvation at pick up in stock & aux tank. Main issue is loudness of frame rail mounted pump. what psi does the Sniper use ?

Excuse my ignorance but what fills the RobbMC Powersurge tank ? I have an ls and the frame rail pump is reliable but loud, would like to add a surge tank to prevent starvation at pick up in stock & aux tank. Main issue is loudness of frame rail mounted pump. what psi does the Sniper use ?
Sniper uses 58 psi if I remember right?

Powersurge is filled and maintained by the stock mechanical pump (or any inline electric low psi pump). Then the powersurge provides the necessary increase in psi to feed the sniper injectors.

Another option may be an in tank pump? My Tank, Inc. pump is noticeable at idle at a gentle whirr, but not audible while driving.

what stops the mech pump from overfill, is there a return or does it have a needle valve to control the fill ? I guess the mech has plenty of volume just not at the high pressure so it is plenty to keep surge full ?

what stops the mech pump from overfill, is there a return or does it have a needle valve to control the fill ? I guess the mech has plenty of volume just not at the high pressure so it is plenty to keep surge full ?
Yes there is a return and yes it keeps the PS full at all times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom