No start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 80 series 93 model , petrol 4.5 FZJ80R , 1FZFE.

Car shuttered and completely turned off. Try to start it and it sounds like it wants to start but it doesnt.
Got codes 14 & 24.
Have replaced to ignition module, map sensor , ignition relay , ignition coil. Clean the spark plugs, and leads, cleaned the dizzy, I’m so stumped on what is wrong with it.

Have you verified your getting spark? Getting fuel? Fusible links been replaced or inspected lately?

Have you verified your getting spark? Getting fuel? Fusible links been replaced or inspected lately?
Fusible links ? No sure what you mean
Yes getting park, and fuel, check fuel coming through the lines and changed fuel filter

Look up fusible link there are hundreds of post on it. It in your positive battery terminal wiring and is a easy change under 20 bucks and if has never been changed by you? It’s a easy part to throw at it and will probable solve your issue. It gets brittle and often causes no start issues.

Look up fusible link there are hundreds of post on it. It in your positive battery terminal wiring and is a easy change under 20 bucks and if has never been changed by you? It’s a easy part to throw at it and will probable solve your issue. It gets brittle and often causes no start issues.
Thank you I will try that , no has never been changed by me, I’ve had the car for just over 3 years

check your main EFI relay in the engine bay as well - the symptoms you describe sound like its faulty as its provides power for fuel & spark etc

the blower relay behind the drivers (US spec) kick panel can be substituted in an emergency

Last edited:
I have 80 series 93 model , petrol 4.5 FZJ80R , 1FZFE.

Car shuttered and completely turned off. Try to start it and it sounds like it wants to start but it doesnt.
Got codes 14 & 24.
Have replaced to ignition module, map sensor , ignition relay , ignition coil. Clean the spark plugs, and leads, cleaned the dizzy, I’m so stumped on what is wrong with it.

Have you started with this post in the FAQ sticky thread on top? Rather than blindly swapping parts, do a methodical Dx and it's usually something stupid simple that'll rack your brain!

check your main EFI relay in the engine bay as well - the symptoms you describe sound like its faulty as its provides power for fuel & spark etc

the blower relay behind the drivers (US spec) kick panel can be substituted in an emergency
Yes that was the first thing I replaced
The blower relay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom