2022 First Annual 70s in the Sierras (was FJ45 Run) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Only time that I attended the event, just seems like I've always got other plans that weekend. Maybe this year I'll bring the 75 down.

View attachment 3077752
Amazing what i can find when i clean out my closet

20220815_083233.jpg

I think that was the last time we did the 55 run when we camped at the now closed beach at Loon. Nice shirt, see you soon.

September 2nd thru 5th

The previous “FJ45 Run” will now morph into a 70-Series camping wheeling trip.
The event will take place at Meadow Lake which is northwest of Truckee.
We have reserved the two large Meadow Knolls Group Camp Sites. They'll each accommodate up to 25 people.
Tahoe National Forest - Meadow Knolls Group Camp - https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/tahoe/recreation/ohv/recarea/?recid=55634&actid=93

DIRECTIONS:
From I-80 at Truckee take exit Hwy 89 towards Sierraville, go approximately 14.7 miles. Turn left at Forest Service Road 07 aka Fiberboard Road. Look for sign to Webber Lake and travel 9.5 miles. Turn left onto Forest Service Road 86 aka Meadow Lake Road (dirt road) continue for 9.4 miles to reach Meadow Lake. High clearance vehicles recommended. DO NOT GPS your way there. You’ll get lost.

From Sierraville: Travel south on Hwy 89 for 11 miles to Forest Road 7. Turn right and travel west to the Meadow Lake turnoff. Turn left on Forest Road 86 which becomes Nevada County Road 843 traveling south for approximately 10 miles. Most of the route is paved, but the last few miles are unpaved and becomes very rough.

PARK REGULATIONS:
Check in is 2:00 p.m. and check out is 11:00 a.m.
Quiet Hours are from 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Please do not operate generators, vehicles, audio equipment, talk loudly, or make noise that could interfere with those sleeping.
Additional fees are charged for additional vehicles when space allows.
There is a daily charge for each pet.
As always, there will be two raffles. One for prizes (you get one and only one ticket as long as you drive a cruiser to the event) and a cash raffle; the later costs $10 per ticket. So buy as many tickets as you want. We will draw one winning ticket which gets half the cash in the pot. The other half goes to the "Friends of the Rubicon". So far, we've donated about $10k altogether.

Raffle prizes?! I've been working on them.... and sent out pms, emails and phone calls to a lot of my suppliers and distributors. Prizes are trickling....

It's become somewhat customary for participants to bring a raffle prize. It can be anything and I mean ANYTHING. We've had things ranging from tools to pocketknives to amazing quilts, pillows, blankets, on-board welder, and everything in between.

If you are bringing dogs, please remember there are other people here. If your dogs bark, please camp away from others and be respectful to everyone else attending this event.
Feel free to ask questions, I know I left a bunch of info out. All rigs are welcome, you don't have to show up in a 70series, any cruiser is welcome. And we’ll even make exceptions for non-cruisers.

Hope to see you there!
Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers
Great to see a “West” 70 Series event. 👍
Good luck….. 😊

Knorr boys are out ! Have fun Guys and Gals Rubithon did us in !

20220826_171142.jpg

Anyone going up tomorrow Friday ?

Yes at least 4 cruisers are headed up tomorrow.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers

I’ll be heading that way in the morning, opting on the 100 instead of the 60. Bringing the kid, kayak, and bike.

Hey All,
Here’s an oldie when I had my 80! Cruised though Deer Valley a few times after running Rubithon !! Hope everyone had a great time. Was just up that way on Friday at Lake Tahoe and the night at Goose Meadows.

Bummed I just saw this, I'm going to give @gifu some grief for not grabbing me to go out there as it's basically our back yard.

Hope it was fun for y'all.

Excellent weekend Georg, thanks for the invite !

Great to meet you all; so cool to get outta the Bay Area heat, perfect weekend to do this……

Linéa & Jonathan

Anyone have any pics from the event? I wanted to go but wasn't able to put it together. Would love to see some of the rigs and the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom