SOLD South FL: 1992 HDJ81 205kms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
I really thought this would be my forever rig, even if I weren't driving it I would just have it stored somewhere. But life sometimes gives you lemons, and our lemons are two beautiful girls. The wife and I had twins and we are just re-organizing out lives. She wanted something with airbags and newer so we ordered a new defender 6months ago or so and it finally gets here in two weeks.

This car has showed me nothing but love.

The way I came to the price is, condition, mods and performance/drivability.

Condition: Shes in great condition, she unfortunately had to spend the last couple years in the driveway so the clear coat on the roof is essentially non-existent.
Mods: Detailed list of mods below
Performance/drivability: Shes needs a tune badly, shes sooty and at WOT she dumps black smoke. Running too rich to go WOT(it bogs), this is due to the upgraded turbo, fuel rod, intercooler, refreshed injectors, airbox and not knowing how to tune it, the EGTs have never seen over 1000 in my ownership.

PRICE: 23,000
My life is chaotic right now, the girls are a full time job on top of my full time job. So if you make this easier on me, we can negotiate on the price(i.e, just buy it and ill ship it to you)

1992 Toyota Land Cruiser
HDJ810029029
Acquired: August 10, 2019

Engine:
MAMBATEK Bolt-On TOYOTA CT26 Turbo w/GTX3071R​
Exhaust: Custom 3 inch, vibrant parts​
ACSD Removal​
Zeal Power Rod​
HPD Catch Can​
Dawes Boost Controller​
Rebuilt Injectors​
Ebay Intercooler​
Custom Airbox​
Suspension:
ToughDog 40mm Adjustable 9 Stage​
Dobinsons C59 Progressive Springs​
Body:
Cargo Sound deadening​
Depo headlights​
Speedhut EGT​
Speedhut Boost​
IMG_1377.jpg
IMG_1388.jpg
IMG_1386.jpg
IMG_1385.jpg
IMG_1383.jpg
IMG_1394.jpg
IMG_1392.jpg
IMG_1393.jpg
IMG_1410.jpg
IMG_1408.jpg

Last edited:
Timing belt light came on at 200,000 guessing its just automated alert, the sticker on the case shows it was changed at 119,000.

Not sure if it ever had the BEBs changed but I bought them and the conrod bolts and ill just include that.

Last edited:
Beautiful cruiser! GLWS!

Going to try and sell my LX and grab this if its not gone before then. If I get some series buyers Ill get in contact with you through pm

Cant believe I forgot to add the MAMBATEK Bolt-On TOYOTA CT26 Turbo w/GTX3071R to the engine mods list.... lol

The brain is mush due to these kids.

Pm
Sent

Timing belt light came on at 200,000 guessing its just automated alert, the sticker on the case shows it was changed at 119,000.

FWIW, there's a separate odometer / counter that turns that light on automatically at the interval (100k km's, IIRC). You reset it by pulling the small rubber plug in the cluster lens and pushing the button with a ball point pen, or whatever. Might as well leave it on in the interest of transparency at this point.

Also, that's a heck of a nice cruiser!! If anyone in FL buys it, I'm a few hours north with another HDJ81, and happy to try to help you into the weird world of Diesel!

Mine has virtually the same KM's, but basically stock, and not as nice as yours in most aspects.

Great truck! GLWS!!

Still available?
I got the guy's cell phone number a few months back. He responded to one text and then went radio silent.

Yeah ive been MIA, these twins have kicked my ass.

I finally reached out to a land cruiser shop a few days ago to set up an appointment to get the rig tuned and possibly change the timing belt and the BeBs, but they are so backed up that they cant see it for another 3weeks.

if anyone wants to take it before then, ill try to be more reachable and you can have it for 20k

Yeah ive been MIA, these twins have kicked my ass.

I finally reached out to a land cruiser shop a few days ago to set up an appointment to get the rig tuned and possibly change the timing belt and the BeBs, but they are so backed up that they cant see it for another 3weeks.

if anyone wants to take it before then, ill try to be more reachable and you can have it for 20k
In box is full

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom