Removing glove box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone help me with this question. The nut that holds the switch to turn on the light when you open the glove box. Can't seem to get that nut off without getting to the back side of it. Am I overcomplicating removing the glove box.

16611008824556462804941035929598.jpg

As in the switch spins when you try or you cannot reach the nut because of the switch? If I recall the nut just spins off. Nothing that complicated to it. HTH.
When I try to turn it it just stays tight like there's another nut behind it and there's no way to reach the back side of that switch

I think the glove box should pull off with the switch installed. Then you can get to the back side to remove the switch AFTER you remove the wire from the switch. When I replaced my glove box I remember that being the tricky part.

I think the glove box should pull off with the switch installed. Then you can get to the back side to remove the switch AFTER you remove the wire from the switch. When I replaced my glove box I remember that being the tricky part.
Ok I figured it out. You do have to get the switch out. What it was is the threads were really tight and it marred the threads just backing it out. I'll clean up the threads when I reinstall it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom