air conditioning line torque specs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It won't be cheap; in addition to the engine compartment components, you have to remove the dash to get the interior unit out. You can, however, do it yourself.
I've consigned myself to do it. Probably wait till weather cools and unfortunately. Should i purchase new condenser, evaporator, dryer? Considering it's a 96? Or will flushing out be sufficient?

I've consigned myself to do it. Probably wait till weather cools and unfortunately. Should i purchase new condenser, evaporator, dryer? Considering it's a 96? Or will flushing out be sufficient?

Again, you replace the dryer every time the system is opened.

Again, you have to find where the blockage is, remove it, and remove any further contamination.

Nobody here knows where the blockage in *your* AC system is.

Again, you replace the dryer every time the system is opened.

Again, you have to find where the blockage is, remove it, and remove any further contamination.

Nobody here knows where the blockage in *your* AC system is.
Cheers. Will post updates when I begin.

Your components are all 30+ years old, so you can replace them if you want, but, with the exception of the dryer, they should all work at least as long as they have, unless they are damaged somehow.

I would at least investigate the expansion valve, as they are a known restriction when debris is present in the system. That alone may save you from having to disassemble the entire system. A pressure check should identify the blockage there, if it exists.

As @baldilocks mentioned above, conventional wisdom is to replace the dryer anytime the system is opened, since it's a water trap by design, it'll collect water as soon as it's exposed to the air.

Your components are all 30+ years old, so you can replace them if you want, but, with the exception of the dryer, they should all work at least as long as they have, unless they are damaged somehow.

I would at least investigate the expansion valve, as they are a known restriction when debris is present in the system. That alone may save you from having to disassemble the entire system. A pressure check should identify the blockage there, if it exists.

As @baldilocks mentioned above, conventional wisdom is to replace the dryer anytime the system is opened, since it's a water trap by design, it'll collect water as soon as it's exposed to the air.
Cheers for the knowledge.

Cheers for the knowledge.
I thought I'd mention the expansion valve because I just had to replace mine, after 203K miles. Now I have a meat locker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom