New to me 1997 LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy y'all! I'm a first time poster and just recently joined the forum. This is my 1997 LX450 that I bought sight unseen and had shipped to me just a couple of weeks ago. I had been searching for an 80 in the Houston area, but wasn't able to find one in good enough condition for my price so I took a chance on this one when I found it. It's bone stock and even still has the original head unit! Everything works other than the seats but I've already ordered some new gears for them. I plan to keep it pretty mild since it will serve as my DD and adventure rig. I'm thinking a stock height OME with some small spacers, sliders, skid plates, and just a rear locker. I'll start posting in the build thread once I get some more stuff done to it. So far the only things I've done is pull the old lady steps off and put on some 285/75-16 Falken's that I got a killer deal on.

PXL_20220813_213451717.jpg

PXL_20220813_213509274.jpg

PXL_20220813_213546003.jpg

PXL_20220816_172243565.jpg

Before you go crazy with the gears on the seats. Undo the bolts to the floor and tilt the seats back. Look at the nylon end caps and see if they are unscrewed. If they are screw them back in till the seats work again. Then find a way to keep them from unscrewing... I used a small screw as a set screw on mine.

Congrats! Nice LX.

Nice! I like your idea of keeping it stock, more or less. That's my plan too.

Howdy y'all! I'm a first time poster and just recently joined the forum. This is my 1997 LX450 that I bought sight unseen and had shipped to me just a couple of weeks ago. I had been searching for an 80 in the Houston area, but wasn't able to find one in good enough condition for my price so I took a chance on this one when I found it. It's bone stock and even still has the original head unit! Everything works other than the seats but I've already ordered some new gears for them. I plan to keep it pretty mild since it will serve as my DD and adventure rig. I'm thinking a stock height OME with some small spacers, sliders, skid plates, and just a rear locker. I'll start posting in the build thread once I get some more stuff done to it. So far the only things I've done is pull the old lady steps off and put on some 285/75-16 Falken's that I got a killer deal on.

View attachment 3088968

View attachment 3088969

View attachment 3088970

View attachment 3088971
Mine looks like yours, well, almost. I don't have a rear spoiler (thingy). But do have K294 :beer:

Nice rig. Make a list of things to baseline it and make it reliable.

Nice rig. Make a list of things to baseline it and make it reliable.
That's what I've been doing the last few days. Just driving it around and getting a feel for it and checking all the little things on it. I've already ordered a tune up kit, head gasket kit, and phh bypass. Gonna tackle that in a couple weeks when I'm off. It runs good but has a little bit of hesitation when getting on the gas. I pulled one spark plug and it was pretty old and worn. I might redo the exhaust too. Not sure yet.

Vacuum lines under the hood,at least all you can reach, there are some tricky ones under the intake manifold.
change oil in diffs, transfer case and transmission. I did a full AT flush. Plugs and wires also. PCV valve and hoses.

That's a very clean rig, well played. Others who are in the market to buy (and nosy people like me) would like to know mileage and price paid. And is that the original paint??? It's mighty perty.

Good looking truck. I did the same thing as far as buying without an in-person inspection a few years ago with my LX450. I found a one owner 1997 in Las Vegas and placed a deposit, flew there and drove it back home. Since it lived in Vegas since new the frame had Zero rust! Good Luck.

:cheers:

That’s a great looking/condition rig. Nice score !

I’m picking up a 97 lx450 on Saturday. I’ve only seen it in pictures, videos, and carfax but it checks out. I was in the same situation as you and I’ve been in the market for a few months but nothing near me checked out. (It doesn’t help that anything decent from AZ goes straight to BAT…) I’m gearing up for a 10 hour drive each way to bring her home.

$17,500 for the nosy ones. 250k miles but it has been baselined with all maintenance up to date and gaskets replaced, interior refreshed, and overall condition is a solid 9/10. Stock with center lock switch, not 3x.

BFD0CBED-116C-4D16-8E86-17B976C5EF68.jpeg

That's a very clean rig, well played. Others who are in the market to buy (and nosy people like me) would like to know mileage and price paid. And is that the original paint??? It's mighty perty.
I bought with right at 190k miles and paid $23k after TTL and having it shipped to me. As far as I can tell the paint is original except for the rear passenger side QP. It has a little bit of orange peel that makes me think it may have been repainted there. It's not noticeable until you really start looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom