Stock wheel issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently purchased a 96, it had aftermarket wheels on it and the PO had the stock wheels, not in great shape , corroded but salvageable with some TLC and a powder coat job . I just noticed it’s looks as if the wrong lug nuts were used are wheels were run loose you can see where the lugs have chewed into the wheel holes. What options do I have ? I really wanted to refinish and use the original wheels

AA1C4233-D7F0-49BD-9615-590AB48CB710.jpeg

The shank on the hub-centic lug nuts is longer than the area of damage caused by the taper on the lug-centric type nut. But if the hole is wallowed out from the threads on the lug stud, I'm not sure of a DOT approved repair.

Also not sure the damage is that concerning, considering the nuts are holding the wheel against the hub with large flat surface acting as a clamp and are not truly centering the wheel on the lug stud, hence why they are Hub-centric not Lug-centric wheels.

I like that reply
Thank you
I would get 1 correct washer style nut and see how it fits. It should have minimal wiggle space. The pic you posted does look like it is wallowed out a bit, but you can't tell unless you test them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom