Tube rear bumper + Viper Cut + TKO Fabrication Sliders on Gen 1 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Photo dump!

Sliders are a new offering for the LX570; personally I’m a big fan of the high and tight look. They are bolt on with protection plates for the AHC components (the plates are not installed right now).

Personally I really like the Viper Cut for added clearance, aggressive appearance plus the ability to keep the weight down in the front without an aftermarket winch bumper. (May still add a hidden winch).

Had a local shop fab up the rear bumper, I included a pic of how he braced around the AHC pump. Already trail tested on Hunter Lake in Reno and passed with flying colors!

CFCF201D-EB0A-4153-BDF9-554047944976.jpeg

68CCBD77-1CD6-4079-94A4-591A8F6B52E8.jpeg

5D88968D-11CC-4DEF-8EE4-3B790EA95010.jpeg

181A77B5-AE29-4E08-83A5-847ACEC80F15.jpeg

Excellent! Nice to see more slider options for the LX!

I see how that tube is welded to the frame around the pump, but is the tube lower than the pump? It’s hard to see the perspective of the various heights. Why Lexus even put It below the frame makes no sense, there is space vertically for it to be two inches higher.

Yes the tube is slightly lower, he notched the bit of sheet metal there to make it a straight shot. I agree, it’s a terrible design.

It actually might be flush with honestly…doesn’t bother me too much.

Yes the tube is slightly lower, he notched the bit of sheet metal there to make it a straight shot. I agree, it’s a terrible design.

Awesome breaking new ground with a unique take. I really wish the aftermarket had something like this. Protection without too much added weight.

Not to take away from that.

If I'm looking at this right, I'd keep an eye on the mount at the AHC pump. While the dude was a good fabricator, I'm not sure he understood that the upper body moves independently of the chassis. The way he has it tied in there is both on the frame and body mount bolt tied to the body. These will move upwards of 1/2-3/4" on rough roads. Reducing performance as the body can't float on the frame, or imparting significant loads on the body sheet metal to where something will ultimately give.

Awesome breaking new ground with a unique take. I really wish the aftermarket had something like this. Protection without too much added weight.

If I'm looking at this right, I'd keep an eye on the mount at the AHC pump. While the dude was a good fabricator, I'm not sure he understood that the upper body moves independently of the chassis. The way he has it tied in there is both on the frame and body mount bolt tied to the body. These will move upwards of 1/2-3/4" on rough roads. Reducing performance as the body can't float on the frame, or imparting significant loads on the body sheet metal to where something will ultimately give.
I appreciate you pointing that out. I was initially pleased he tied it into the body mount for added stability. I may look into grinding off that tab, he also tied it into the receiver hitch at the back corner near the wrap around. I am thinking losing the body mount tab may not reduce overall stability...I will look closer after work today.

Good catch.

I dig both the front and the rear. I've considered this mod for some time.

Can you post more pics of the front from lower to the ground and of the underside of the cuts? I'd like to see how you tied it to the wheel well apron and protect the fog lights.

Can you post more pics of under the rear hitch area? I'd like to see how it's tied in there. Did you cut your muffler?

I dig both the front and the rear. I've considered this mod for some time.

Can you post more pics of the front from lower to the ground and of the underside of the cuts? I'd like to see how you tied it to the wheel well apron and protect the fog lights.

Can you post more pics of under the rear hitch area? I'd like to see how it's tied in there. Did you cut your muffler?
Sure thing. I will get some more tomorrow afternoon.

Yes I did cut the resonator off.

Very nice… I’m thinking about to pull the trigger on some sort of bumper soon.
Can you post some closeup pic of AHC pump area and brackets that holding your bumper?

Very nice… I’m thinking about to pull the trigger on some sort of bumper soon.
Can you post some closeup pic of AHC pump area and brackets that holding your bumper?
Yessir. I’ll get some more tomorrow.

Based on the pics I'd recommend a bit more clearance between the slider and the rocker panels, for anyone doing this in the future. Two reasons for that:

1. The body moves independent of the frame, particularly on washboards and bumpy roads. The rockers may bump into the slider if they're too close

2. The slider may deflect (push upward) slightly if you come down on a rock. I've seen them move closer to the body when jacking up a truck with a high lift under the slider. Not sure if it's the slider flexing or just an artifact of #1 but if your slider is really tight to the body it might end up hitting the rocker panel

One of the best done viper cuts I've seen on this body style of LX.

One of the best done viper cuts I've seen on this body style of LX.
I agree. I typically don't like them but this one is appealing.

Based on the pics I'd recommend a bit more clearance between the slider and the rocker panels, for anyone doing this in the future. Two reasons for that:

1. The body moves independent of the frame, particularly on washboards and bumpy roads. The rockers may bump into the slider if they're too close

2. The slider may deflect (push upward) slightly if you come down on a rock. I've seen them move closer to the body when jacking up a truck with a high lift under the slider. Not sure if it's the slider flexing or just an artifact of #1 but if your slider is really tight to the body it might end up hitting the rocker panel
Yes I agree totally. Fortunately that lower LX piece is very mobile right now because the now removed steps helped to hold it in place. In all honesty I have been contemplating getting the LC piece and have it painted to replace the chopped up LX piece. Beyond the contact at the front there is substantial room between the slider and the "true" rocker panel. Appreciate the heads up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom