Rear A/C ‘18 LCX 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I noticed the other day that the blower in the rear of my LC is much louder than before. It sounds like it is obstructed or something. There is little to no air coming out of the vents in the headliner. Is there a filter back there? Thought I’d ask the question before I start pulling panels. Thank you.

I noticed the other day that the blower in the rear of my LC is much louder than before. It sounds like it is obstructed or something. There is little to no air coming out of the vents in the headliner. Is there a filter back there? Thought I’d ask the question before I start pulling panels. Thank you.
Pulling panels is super super easy.

1. Unbolt rear seatbelt
  2. Pull up screw cover on step in the door sill and unbolt with 10 mm
  3. Pull up the door sill
  4. By the rear tailgate there will be a net holder on the edge of the door, pop it out and unscrew it
  5. If you have third row might be easier to remove seat
  6. Start pulling on panel from the rear door by the sill you just removed

Rear climate is in the driver Side.

There isn't a filter. The grate behind the left wheel well is the inlet.. you should be able to see up into that with a flashlight to look for obstruction.

Pulled the panel cold air is coming out from blower box but no air out of vents in headliner. Are there blend doors in the headliner?

E5153B86-5367-4252-BE41-887A80E49E6B.jpeg

FAEFFCE0-8530-4D92-AB16-2AFB45C49AD7.jpeg

Thank you for your help. I put it all back together and it started blowing air out of the headliner. Not sure what I did but its fixed. Thanks

Thank you for your help. I put it all back together and it started blowing air out of the headliner. Not sure what I did but its fixed. Thanks
Was the rear blower able to be removed without disconnecting the refrigerant lines?

The actuator/blend doors are within the mechanism/white plastic gears.
I pulled the panel off and ran the system and watched the gears move all worked perfectly. Must have been some alignment issue with the vent pipes. I drive on long spans of dirt road a lot and usually at 40+mph so I’m sure something in there got jarred out of position. Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom