Puzzled by cabin air filter... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hankinid

SILVER Star
Threads
Prior to leaving for a trip from ID to CAL, I changed out the cabin air filter. If there's one thing I've learned here, it's to make damn certain that the climate system is set to recirculate before removing the door and changing the filter. I verified that and installed a new filter.

During the trip, the climate system needed to be manually turned on after I started the truck. I did a double check when I got home...set the system to recirculate, opened the filter door, removed the filter, stuck it back in, closed the door, and started the truck.

The climate system now started when I started the engine.

Any ideas why the climate control started with the engine, just by removing and replacing the filter??

Am I going crazy??

Prior to leaving for a trip from ID to CAL, I changed out the cabin air filter. If there's one thing I've learned here, it's to make damn certain that the climate system is set to recirculate before removing the door and changing the filter. I verified that and installed a new filter.

During the trip, the climate system needed to be manually turned on after I started the truck. I did a double check when I got home...set the system to recirculate, opened the filter door, removed the filter, stuck it back in, closed the door, and started the truck.

The climate system now started when I started the engine.

Any ideas why the climate control started with the engine, just by removing and replacing the filter??

Am I going crazy??
If the filter frame wasn’t seated correctly maybe the recirc door couldn’t cycle fully leading to an error state?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom