Aftermarket TPMS tire sensors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My local Discount tire quoted for me $380 for 5 new TPMS sensor installed and programmed on my 14 LX570.
However, they also quoted me for just $50 to install and program all 5 if I bring my own TPMS sensors.

I've used the Ebay Toyota OEM TPMS sensors (probably fake) for like $8 a piece for my previous truck with 33" tires.
Unfortunately, the TPMS warning light came on every time I was driving high-speed for like an hour... not sure what was the issue.

Anyway, I searched the forum and it seems like number of members used the TPMS sensors from Amazon.
How does it function compare to the OEM?
Any reliable aftermarket or affordable OEM TPMS sensors from embay or amazon that work on 33" tire and our TPMS system?
Any affordable TMPS sale link would be greatly appreciated.

61eKZYxqx3L._SX425_.jpg

Do your research on this board.. I’m not sure whether it was 2014 or 15 where there was a part number change mid-year and the sensors won’t work if they aren’t the correct ones. Note that apparently even Denso’s index of part numbers is incorrect based on people’s posts here.

I feel like I’ve been posting this a whole lot lately but the original sensors were made for toyota by Pacific Industries. The reboxed denso units some people are getting are just PI sensors without the toyota part number. That’s what I got from Amazon a few years ago and they have worked great. Others have gotten counterfeits from Amazon and had problems.

Do your research on this board.. I’m not sure whether it was 2014 or 15 where there was a part number change mid-year and the sensors won’t work if they aren’t the correct ones. Note that apparently even Denso’s index of part numbers is incorrect based on people’s posts here.

I feel like I’ve been posting this a whole lot lately but the original sensors were made for toyota by Pacific Industries. The reboxed denso units some people are getting are just PI sensors without the toyota part number. That’s what I got from Amazon a few years ago and they have worked great. Others have gotten counterfeits from Amazon and had problems.
I know my Google-fu is weak... :eek: will try to research more.
When I searched the Amazon Denso TPMS, the site indicated that it's compatible with my 14 LX .
Will report back if it works with 14 model year.

I know my Google-fu is weak... :eek: will try to research more.
When I searched the Amazon Denso TPMS, the site indicated that it's compatible with my 14 LX .
Will report back if it works with 14 model year.
I’d do my searching here on the forum in this section. It is clunky but you’ll get the most specific results.

2014 LX. Using Autel MX sensors for about 3 years in one set of wheels, original Lexus sensors in the other. No issues whatsoever. Programmed Autel sensors in minutes using their programming tool. Cost for the whole setup was way less than the $350 quoted for OP.

2014 LX. Using Autel MX sensors for about 3 years in one set of wheels, original Lexus sensors in the other. No issues whatsoever. Programmed Autel sensors in minutes using their programming tool. Cost for the whole setup was way less than the $350 quoted for OP.
Oh nice.
Do you have a link or model# for your Austel TPMS sensors?

Oh nice.
Do you have a link or model# for your Austel TPMS sensors?
Almost certainly buried somewhere in my build thread. Link is in the signature.

just had new wheels and tired put on. decided to go with new set of TPMS sensors.
used these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NQ05U24?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details and they worked.
shop had issue reading them, they used Autel tool, when tried using 2013 LX570 it didn't work.
changed year to 2012 and it worked. strange since there was no 2012 LXs in US... but thats what it took.
View attachment 3084036
The link is broken... any part# that you used or new link?
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom