Parting Out Houston, TX: 1974 FJ40 (missing hard top & doors) but it is Camo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I checked the gauge cluster tonight and the Speedo works. The oil needle isn’t visible so I’m going to open it up to look for it. You can get the oil gauge separate on eBay and the usual parts website like mega zip.

Steering wheel is in decent shape and ready for resto. Gauges are in solid shape as well.

View attachment 3017307

View attachment 3017310

View attachment 3017312

View attachment 3017313

View attachment 3017316
I would really love a parts car if I had space - and a wife who likes old dirty rusty cars taking up garage space.

Are the defrost tubes (ducts from heater to windshield) available and the fan pull knob? I only need the knob but understand if trying to keep it together with the switch.

I’ve got a ‘76 prior life mudder that is missing a lot of random parts.

Thanks.

I would really love a parts car if I had space - and a wife who likes old dirty rusty cars taking up garage space.

Are the defrost tubes (ducts from heater to windshield) available and the fan pull knob? I only need the knob but understand if trying to keep it together with the switch.

I’ve got a ‘76 prior life mudder that is missing a lot of random parts.

Thanks.
I for sure have the knob and I know at least one of the defrost ducts (probably both). I will send photos tonight or tomorrow.

Well the Phillips head set screw on the knob is not cooperating so I couldn’t get it off. I’ll make another go at it tomorrow. Here are pics of the defrost ducts. They have some dry rot and are cracked on the connectors. I’ll throw them in for free if you want the knob for $20.
ECABA114-A52A-4E93-9880-5E528C610830.jpeg

47636F2E-BC1C-4763-803F-E09B6E4D63F7.jpeg

129C554F-D6C1-4F26-8E73-22D31A9CD9BB.jpeg

166E36FE-3829-4127-84B4-3AE87C117F3E.jpeg

Do you think the wiper motor works? how much shipped to 37938?

The wiper switch is frozen. Do you know if I can apply 12V to the power wire going to it to check it?
Should be able to but I'm no electrician. If you knew someone with one of those power probes, you could use it to run the wiper motor. Let me know what you find out.

Price on entire steering column complete with turn switch etc to but not including box. With complete steering wheel? Im in Odessa.

Price on entire steering column complete with turn switch etc to but not including box. With complete steering wheel? Im in Odessa.
$150 for the column without the steering wheel. $300 with it. I replaced the turn switch on my 75 just to find out a cut wire was my problem. It is in much better shape than the one on this 74 so I will throw that in if you buy either of the options.

$150 for the column without the steering wheel. $300 with it. I replaced the turn switch on my 75 just to find out a cut wire was my problem. It is in much better shape than the one on this 74 so I will throw that in if you buy either of the options.
Sounds good, id be interested in the column and wheel with the switch youre offering. Could i get a pic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom