I am making LC Scale Kits & Accessories for mud! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Filling in missing parts this week:

Glasses lens
Front and rear doors
Small details:
Radiator, battery, engine/motor cover, exhaust etc

Also filling in missing colors as current ones empty.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Still doing initial testing/tuning, then there’s a list of things for secondary tuning, before I enclose it up for final tuning for ABS; likely it’s full-time job.

Currently testing using carbon fiber with a 45 part. I’ll leave the feed on overnight.

image.jpg

Will there be a snorkel available eventually?
Yes sir! Already have the file; It is a part of the off-road kit.

Have snorkels, winches, winch bumpers, hi jacks, maxtraxs, trailers, light bar, Jerry cans, roof racks, tents, sleeping bags, steelies, wider rear ends, wider fenders, etc. I try not to get ahead of myself!

Even got Toyota Radiator grills and land cruiser decals, even 4WD mud flaps!

8D5BE23C-F59E-4B17-8C38-74078B1DECF6.png

43ADFBEB-92CB-447B-8755-28F5290AE227.png

23EB6FC9-0D21-4736-A2CD-1DB5D48933AF.png

6A352872-1E6B-47CC-9605-D858DCC28314.png

B424A160-593F-4721-8BBA-F9D2DA4C2785.png

Last edited:
Yes sir! Already have the file; It is a part of the off-road kit.

Have snorkels, winches, winch bumpers, hi jacks, maxtraxs, trailers, light bar, Jerry cans, roof racks, tents, sleeping bags, steelies, wider rear ends, wider fenders, etc. I try not to get ahead of myself!

Even got Toyota Radiator grills and land cruiser decals, even 4WD mud flaps!

View attachment 3080328

View attachment 3080330

View attachment 3080331

View attachment 3080332

View attachment 3080334
I love those Yokohama Geolabder M/Ts! I ran those on my 83 hilux I had 20 years ago

Last edited:
I actually plan on using these to try/showcase different builds for the 40s. Maybe one day the tables will turn, and mudders will be replicating these replicas, instead of the other way around.

If I save up enough one day, I’d definitely restore and build a 40 modeled after my favorite RC version; by then we would have so many more options.

I also plan on moving to other series next year, including the 200. I will use the scale 200 to try different builds/looks for the actual 200; and from there model the actual 200 after the scale. Try to perfect it on the smaller scale where mistakes aren’t nearly as costly. It’s also easier to swap around 5 different bumpers to see how each would look on your exact vehicle, when the bumpers are tiny.

I wouldn’t want to buy a bumper and then find out it doesn’t fit or look right, but if I had a mini version on my desk to inspect for weeks/months before buying, that just wouldn’t happen!

@Hiluxforever there you are! Hadnt seen you in a few days was starting to worry.

Do me a favor boss and throw that into dms, I will reference when it’s time for wheels. I have 4-5 sets of wheels to choose from.

Oh sorry, you meant tires! I’ll ask them where they got it from and that can definitely be put on the table.

@Hiluxforever there you are! Hadnt seen you in a few days was starting to worry.

Do me a favor boss and throw that into dms, I will reference when it’s time for wheels. I have 4-5 sets of wheels to choose from.

Oh sorry, you meant tires! I’ll ask them where they got it from and that can definitely be put on the table.
Yep. I am a Goodyear convert now, just thought it was cool that they used that treadpatter.

Love waking up to fresh parts!

Front and rear doors.

Only 1 blue roll left in the que; mostly black this week/filling in missing pieces for other colors.

Will be live in an hour to work on wrapping up Shenron (enclosures), then I will use 45 parts to tune for ABS. I double and tripled checked my wiring/re did everything from scratch and from top to bottom, while I was fixing my part-cooling fan this morning. Fingers crossed, and I’ll hold off on enclosing the electronics bay just in case.

Gotta love those cable chains and wire ducts though; there are a lot of cable tucked in and nothing gets in the way in terms of restricting movement.

Anyways, just nerdy printer stuff. Soon, Shenron will begin serving mud! He’s going to make my other printers look like a snail, to say the least.

I also can’t stress enough the importance of uniform bed heating and having a heated chamber/heated build volume/climate control, for improving consistency/quality. Most people won’t notice, but I can look at my prints and know when someone opened a door and a gust of wind hits it.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
We will skip the bad news from here unless very important; everyone is aware that not all prints make it. We choose to focus on the ones that do.

Build plate #19: how neat things look before I touch it This is important if you need replacement parts by the plates later; sometimes easier to choose between 36-50 categorized plates for the base vehicles if you need parts, than to pick from what will be close to a thousand parts.

Also remember most of the cost will be shipping, so I can send you a full plate for close to same cost as most individual parts.

3 just got done!

Last photo is build plate # 13: Front Grill. Not sure why it isn’t grouped with the other exterior black parts, but it gets its own plate from the factory and I won’t question it. Maybe they want you to print this one with different settings. Build plate #13 is what I print when the rolls are almost empty.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
The names are no longer synced; I’m trying a different approach of just tuning for a few plates per printer and then putting it on repeat/preparing for automation.

Don’t worry if you don’t see a bumper plate with your name on it; I simply tagged 2 printers per beta tester, and then sorta winged it from there.

Looking good ! FYI 40/45 bezels and tops are normally white from the factory.
Good to know boss, thank you.

I am making a bunch in Black, whoops. They print really quick so we could amass a bunch of white ones shortly. Also the random colored-ones are from me using up near-empty spools so they dont go to waste/maybe ill start using rims for those.

So I’ve been so busy I haven’t had the chance to explain the disappearance of one of the best colors in the que: the metallic Flourescent green.

Some colors, are harder to print due to the additives; yellow and light green being some of those. They have clogged a few of my machines.

The Voron is having no issues though, so I will use it to fill in missing green pieces before starting ABS On it. It’s currently printing parts to finish itself.

Anyways, I’m done with starting prints, so quick smoke break then live unboxing on the stream; as well as assembly progression. I have a feeling the green is about to be high in demand because it’s basically a perfect match for the green shocks.

Unboxing photos next post!

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom