What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Camping in the Cascades and getting front row seats to choppers working the fires!!
20220804_132318.jpg

20220804_154548.jpg

20220804_124740.jpg

Went camping for the week and only got one pic of my rig:/

FC7D9595-440A-41DD-B841-F5E8136D5F54.jpeg

I have a few hours in the early morning on weekends in South Carolina to comfortably work outside in the garage before my desire to go inside outweighs my desire to work on the Cruiser. I have a part time grad class starting later in August, but my goal is to get the interior gutted so I can get some paint quotes from a couple of local shops, and have the exterior touched up by a shop with proper tools and experience while I'm busy with school (or maybe even completely repainted to the 60 series dark blue metallic TLC#8B4?!... but I'm probably too cheap for that). I still have a lot of cleaning to do, and I'm going to try to get the rest of the foam padding out that's stuck to the LX noise insulation.

IMG_4923.jpg

On a somewhat related note, I removed the center console years ago with the plan to build something for myself. I also took out the screws for the part of the console that covers the transmission. After several moves over the years, I have lost the screws for the shifter console and the bolts for the center console. Anybody know what size screws and bolts go there? I have the shifter console out to clean inside in the A/C but I'll put the stock unit back in after I finish cleaning out the truck. I'm planning to use the existing bolt holes to secure my future custom center console back into the truck.

Last edited:
New windshield
View attachment 3079294

Oem gasket was glued to the glass first.
Cured then installed and glued to the body.

Has a slight brown tint at the top.

Nice!!!! Did you do the windshield yourself?

Last year I bought a new gasket and paid a supposedly reputable glass shop to change the gasket because the windshield leaked.

I took the guy a copy of the fsm instructions and he said he would follow the instructions.

Well the windshield still leaks from the bottom drivers corner.....

I don't know what to do next.

Installed one of these shower awnings from Overland Vehicle Systems...man do they ship fast! I don't need it as much as my travel companion will but seems legit. I am thinking a 270Āŗ awning would be more my style. For those that have a 270Āŗ awning what do you think? Worth it? And what side did you choose to mount it on?

PXL_20220805_215950991.jpg

This is the first mod I did to my LandCruiser after receiving it in a trade (Tacoma.)
Front main seal, oil pump gasket, distributor O ring, plugs, plug wires, fan clutch, fan and drive belts. Want to get all the maintenance issues addressed first.
Now to the fun mods lol.

4A42D98B-4D61-4519-90DD-4A4209B94C0D.jpeg
960D67E3-6281-409C-9860-760FD9AE053D.jpeg
0790E059-7165-45BC-AB4E-39F2CC99A2FA.jpeg
EDC35912-6C90-4A42-BF2E-3296ABDA5444.jpeg

@leonard_nemoy

No I had a shop cammed us auto glass in Belmont do the work.

We talked about it over the phone, and this was his plan

Cool, next time it rains let me know if it's leak free. I would make a trip out to Cali to get it done right.

Drove it to work and made a little video of last weekends shenanigans.

Last year I bought a new gasket and paid a supposedly reputable glass shop to change the gasket because the windshield leaked.

I took the guy a copy of the fsm instructions and he said he would follow the instructions.

Condolences... I did the same and got effed too... 100% installed it wrong despite loads of assurances he was the man! I went back and got blown off. went to another shop, shared my story, and they nailed it. Sucks but it's done right now.

Watch a video on how to use MOLLE panels. You need to weave the straps throught the MOLLE panel. When done correctly they will support a lot of weight.
Yah I'm going all molle on my rig !

@NLXTACY Joey posted this on Instagram. Check it out.
Screenshot_20220807-190649.png

Drove it to work and made a little video of last weekends shenanigans.

Cool, that took a while to set up those shots unless you have a camera crew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom