Euro LX450 Headlights - Anyone buy them? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking at buying these Euro Headlights from Ebay -- looks like they are Depo headlights? I wanted to know if anyone tried them with our LX450, and if they are a direct fitment. I know people said with some headlights you need to modify the existing one or convert to an LC one, but this one says its a direct fitment.

Link in question:

EURO Crystal Glass Headlights For 96-97 Lexus LX450 / 91-97 FJ80 Land Cruiser | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/314078639060?hash=item49208bb3d4:g:xVsAAOSwMPhi1vhn

I’m no expert, but based on their own pictures showing the two vehicles together, you can see the FJ lights slant slightly “in” at the top, while the LX slants out. In their pictures of the housing alone, they seem to slant like an LX (top corner out). So maybe they are LX-shaped lights, and they included the FJ/FZJ... as opposed to being FJ lights and including the LX... if that made sense. The vast majority of parts are exactly the same - the difference being some trim pieces like this.

Regardless, their headlights cannot be a direct fit for both (with no other mods) between FJ/FZJ & LX, due to their slight differences. They may bolt in, but.... look at the different angle they provide in their own picture.

I have an LX. I have depos in a box, but won’t install them until/unless I get an FJ/FZJ grille.

If I remember correctly, there are some other small gaps in the other trim pieces between years (lower valance) but personally I’m not concerned about that.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. It's a shame because replacing one headlight on it's own is so hard to find and so expensive :crybaby:. I was thinking about doing a grill conversion. Do you happen to know how much a FJ/FZJ grille would cost?

Depends where you get it, I guess. Shouldn’t be too wild to source a used FZJ grille & lights, vs finding new LX lights. I don’t have scrapyard access where I live, but maybe look into that?

There are a couple threads here on the details of swapping & what you might run into. Maybe also check/post in the classified section to look for the parts?

Very possible there’s a solution I’m not aware of. I’m casually interested in swapping an older TOYOTA text grille into my LX w/ depos, but my current LX lights are not broken.

Last edited:
See edit to first post. Pictures of the housing itself has the slant of an LX from what I can tell. Especially as LX is the first part of their product title, I would message the seller for clarification - maybe they will work.

Bottom line, to fit without any other mods, they need to be specific to either LX or FJ/FZJ.

You're right, those are Depos. The picture showing an LX with the Depo headlights is an atrocious Photoshop.

Depo headlights are a great upgrade, but they don't work with the LX grille. Buy some Depos (there's probably a better eBay seller) and get the proper '91 - '94' grille (53111-60100). Partsouq and McGeorge list the grille at ~$200. Then your grille will say T O Y O T A instead of P I N K P A N T I E S.

You're right, those are Depos. The picture showing an LX with the Depo headlights is an atrocious Photoshop.

Depo headlights are a great upgrade, but they don't work with the LX grille. Buy some Depos (there's probably a better eBay seller) and get the proper '91 - '94' grille (53111-60100). Partsouq and McGeorge list the grille at ~$200. Then your grille will say T O Y O T A instead of P I N K P A N T I E S.
You did what I couldn’t do 😜 - this ^^^

I’m not sure where this whiskey came from

Last edited:
I messaged the seller, and they said they recently installed them on an LX without issue, and also said people have installed them on FZJs without issue. Take that for whatever it’s worth, since we know the lights are not interchangeable without using the matching grille... 🤔

They did say they offer free return shipping if it doesn’t work out. Only reason I mention that is who really knows if it’s an LX or LC fit in the first place...

Last edited:
They lie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom