SOLD Ventura, CA; 1975 LandCruiser FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
1975 LandCruiser - this is the one year with the 2F engine but is still 'pre-smog' so it is the best of both worlds - considered the sweet spot for FJ40s. Straight 6, 4.2 liter engine with a 4 speed transmission and 4 wheel drive. The odometer has turned over so it is difficult to say how many miles are on it (it reads 49,700).

All of the typical FJ40 rust issues were resolved by replacing both rocker panels and rear quarter panels in 2021. This included floor and rear deck repair. The back half has been recently painted with grey primer after the new panels were installed. The rest of the FJ is 'cactus green'. The roll bar was reconfigured to the correct, original roll bar design.

Items that have been replaced:
- radiator
- starter motor/Optima battery
- alternator
- clutch cylinders
- carburetor
- exhaust system and manifold gasket
- Old Man Emu shocks all round
- front bucket seats
- bikini top with screen sunroof
- original FJ60 chrome rims with newer BF Goodrich All Terrain TA 31 x 10.5 tires
- spare chrome rim + matching tire and spare tire rack (not installed)
- includes a very-hard-to-find original tailgate
- Hella driving lights (still need to be wired)
- various spare parts (fender flares, spare tow hook, after-market tailgate, etc)

The truck is in good shape but it is a 1975 so it has the typical rattles of an older vehicle. It has never let me down and has many years left. Great vehicle for the beach, off roading and around town.

I am asking $25,750. Here is the link to the Craigslist ad.1975 LandCruiser FJ40 - auto parts - by owner - vehicle automotive... - https://ventura.craigslist.org/pts/d/ventura-1975-landcruiser-fj40/7515495471.html

Let me know if you would like more information.

Thanks, John

IMG_4069.jpeg

Last edited:
More pictures and price please.

Same one here...

Curious, Did this cruiser include hard top & 4 doors?
Did you get what you were asking?
Thx
Hi, it has no hard top, just the bikini top. It has the 2 doors shown in the image. Which other doors are you referring to? The rear barn doors? If so, no I retrofitted a tailgate from an older FJ.

Regarding price.......is this a private message? If not, can't comment........thx John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom