15600-41010…..is it officially NLA on the world stage as well? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I picked up a Mobil 1 M301A filter at Wal Mart....it was $9.00.
I have some of the real Toyota filters in stock, but I am not going to waste them now.

if you install and use that
MOBIL 1 M301A filter you mention above then ...................... 🤔

Where does one buy the Union Sangyo filter?

They are frequently on ebay. Part number is on the box in Matt's pic, above. SOR also sells them.

Because of quality, price, or it's

Why?

Patience my TEq padawan , you are soon going to find out …. 🎦 :wrench::wrench::wrench::wrench::wrench:

8920BB16-D77F-4AE4-8C23-A5010AB0168E.jpeg

Fu*&!!**g Hengst !

They changed the H17W02 ! It was my favorite aftermarket filter :mad::mad:

IMG_20230418_171820533_HDR.jpg

If you want a quality filter without buying something at a higher price point, I also like the the Hengst h17w02

It’s made in Germany and it has a nice nut for removal on one end.

View attachment 3077513

Oh that’s sad. I’ve got a bunch of those still.

And 15600-41010 as well as the Supra filters. It’s normal to have a closet full of oil filters, right?

It's also a bit smaller and there's noticably less mass than the old style. I wondered what was up when the price dropped to $4 on RA

I guess I'll just have to stick with Baldwin

I got all excited when I thought I found a seller with some of the filters for a good price.. but then after a lot of research the odds of them being counterfeit were too high. Bummer they gone. But maybe the Toyota heritage parts program will make them again for $100 a filter. :rofl:

Bringing this back from the dead, because i'm a dummy and went on toyota parts deal and bulk ordered what I thought were 10 of these only to find out the part has been superseded by 90915-40002, made in Thailand, which looks like a good filter but is about half the height of the OG filters.

So today i get a box of 10x of these.

so- still a quality filter, and it fits, just shorter. so less element surface area in the can.

Can I run these ? Should i?

the shipping and restocking fee to return is highway robbery.. fack. maybe they will fit my Hilux

IMG_4187 Large.jpeg

Bringing this back from the dead, because i'm a dummy and went on toyota parts deal and bulk ordered what I thought were 10 of these only to find out the part has been superseded by 90915-40002, made in Thailand, which looks like a good filter but is about half the height of the OG filters.

So today i get a box of 10x of these.

so- still a quality filter, and it fits, just shorter. so less element surface area in the can.

Can I run these ? Should i?

the shipping and restocking fee to return is highway robbery.. fack. maybe they will fit my Hilux

View attachment 3574035
I once cut open one of the smaller Toyota filter canisters that are recommended for the 2F and the old school original big filter too — because I was a skeptic also.

Guess what? The small filter has the exact same filter area as the OG big filter. They are equal in that respect. The smaller filter though is packed much more efficiently in the canister while the big filter has tons of extra do-nothing space that’s actually detrimental.

The bigger the filter canister, the more oil it holds — and the more oil it can drain after engine shutdown if the anti-drain valve leaks just a little.
This means…. a big canister oil filter could potentially allow the engine to be oil starved at startup as the canister is filing back up.
This is a documented problem with the big WIX filters and more than one engine got ruined by using a big ass WIX filter. I haven’t heard of the same problem occurring with the big Toyota filters though.

Bottom line: These small oil filters are your friend and are an upgrade from the old big canister filters — which is why Toyota is using them.

I once cut open one of the smaller Toyota filter canisters that are recommended for the 2F and the old school original big filter too — because I was a skeptic also.

Guess what? The small filter has the exact same filter area as the OG big filter. They are equal in that respect. The smaller filter though is packed much more efficiently in the canister while the big filter has tons of extra do-nothing space that’s actually detrimental.

The bigger the filter canister, the more oil it holds — and the more oil it can drain after engine shutdown if the anti-drain valve leaks just a little.
This means…. a big canister oil filter could potentially allow the engine to be oil starved at startup as the canister is filing back up.
This is a documented problem with the big WIX filters and more than one engine got ruined by using a big ass WIX filter. I haven’t heard of the same problem occurring with the big Toyota filters though.

Bottom line: These small oil filters are your friend and are an upgrade from the old big canister filters — which is why Toyota is using them.

Awesome. Thats great to hear.

Less volume to fill = faster oil pressure. same filtration element. That's a win.

Appreciate your input @OSS 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom