2007 Tacoma tire pressure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I have a 2007 Toyota Tacoma with a 3inch fab tech lift. It has Toyo Open County MT’s that are 285-70R17s. I am new to this site and wasn’t sure where to post this question. Just wondering what tire pressure I should run my tires at during daily driving? I do take it off-road and air down for that, but I just am curious about what to run them at when I’m not off-road.

Hi, I have a 2007 Toyota Tacoma with a 3inch fab tech lift. It has Toyo Open County MT’s that are 285-70R17s. I am new to this site and wasn’t sure where to post this question. Just wondering what tire pressure I should run my tires at during daily driving? I do take it off-road and air down for that, but I just am curious about what to run them at when I’m not off-road.
They are load range E

Hey, adjust the pressure based on what is printed on the side of the tire.
E rated? Watch your tread wear, and adjust from there as to what works for you.
I have an 07 also with the same size tires. I went with a 10 ply because I was pulling an RV in the mtns.
It is what it is, I run about 3/4 of what is printed on the tire, and go full pressure while towing.
Trail running, I will air down to 20 to 25 psi. I won't go any lower as I don't have bead locks.

Remember when Ford had the Explorer with Firestone tires. Ford said to inflate them to XYZ, and
Firestone said NO they need more air. Tires underinflated, cars flipping over, people getting hurt, lawsuits.

Good Luck

Hey, adjust the pressure based on what is printed on the side of the tire.
E rated? Watch your tread wear, and adjust from there as to what works for you.
I have an 07 also with the same size tires. I went with a 10 ply because I was pulling an RV in the mtns.
It is what it is, I run about 3/4 of what is printed on the tire, and go full pressure while towing.
Trail running, I will air down to 20 to 25 psi. I won't go any lower as I don't have bead locks.

Remember when Ford had the Explorer with Firestone tires. Ford said to inflate them to XYZ, and
Firestone said NO they need more air. Tires underinflated, cars flipping over, people getting hurt, lawsuits.

Good Luck
Thank you for the reply. That was helpful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom