MAF Drop Brackets + Slee Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Please don’t put words in my mouth dude. I’ve made my point clear. You? Still feels.

What words did I put in your mouth?

All I did was state opinions and ask you questions.

It's like the whole washboard roads in death valley thread.

15 years ago these rigs were racing around the world in the Dakar races with OME caster bushings. If they worked good enough for the Dakar than they are a valid product.

Yes there is better but don't discount the bushings. They have been proven.

According to your logic, then Slee themselves should’ve just kept being an ARB bushings reseller and not MANUFACTURED THEIR OWN RADIUS ARMS. lmao

Still waiting on data v Leonard feels.

According to your logic, then Slee themselves should’ve just kept being an ARB bushings reseller and not MANUFACTURED THEIR OWN RADIUS ARMS. lmao

Like I said, there are better options than bushings but they are not worthless, they have their place.

Slee is a business like any other. They got to compete like any other.

Same reason they sell their own bushings and radius arms also.

Like I said, there are better options than bushings but they are not worthless, they have their place.

Slee is a business like any other. They got to compete like any other.
They have their place with people like you who don’t even bother to check their alignment after installing suspension bushings. Feels all right I guess.

They have their place with people like you who don’t even bother to check their alignment after installing suspension bushings. Feels all right I guess.

I don't need a machine to tell me my rig drives correct.

I mean an alignment machine is only as good as the alignment tech running the machine.

Oh yes the 80 whisperer. 👊🏼

You know it, be sure to let me know when you leave Cali and come out to Sand Hollow for some wheeling.

If that's in UT, I'm down. Would be good to meet you in person finally.

For sure, make a trip out here to zion and sand hollow and we will get together for some fun.

Unless I take a job in Moab.... than you will have to come to Moab instead.

For sure, make a trip out here to zion and sand hollow and we will get together for some fun.

Unless I take a job in Moab.... than you will have to come to Moab instead.
Since OP found his path forward... screw wheelin'. I wanna learn to go huntin!

Since OP found his path forward... screw wheelin'. I wanna learn to go huntin!

Make a trip out this October. I'm taking two weeks off for the elk hunt and your more than welcome to tag along and see what it's all about. It's always nice to have an extra back when it comes to packing meat lol.
20151005_181525.jpg
20151005_112222.jpg

Hoping for another year like this one.

Why don’t we stick to some data instead of financial feels?

I’ve had two lifted 80s both with the same 2-2.5” OME lift with caster correction bushings. I’ve had both aligned and both landed at 0 or nowhere near the Toyota OEM spec range at 2-4+. The difference between running these trash bushings to plates to arms is *palpable*. I’ve felt them all personally through my own trial and error.

Let’s save people time and money. If lifted, skip the bushings. If $1200 for one and done radius arms is a no go, then go with plates or some other hack job that may also alter your wheelbase.

I’m more than happy to be corrected. If others can show that their lifted 80 with caster correction bushings got 2+ positive caster, I’ll apologize for my mendacious info and move along.

If only you existed before I cut into my unmolested factory axle to fit the plates… ❤️ 4 caster 4ever

View attachment 3074293

Set cruise no sweat no effort on a road trip to the PNW
I don't want to know your MPG at that speed...impressive!

one of my 80s is a mall crawler so it got ironman drop brackets. Works with metal tech sliders with just a tad of grinding on the brackets. It’s the best handling solution, if you can compromise on clearance.

I gotta say @COYS , I agree with @leonard_nemoy but you've both got valid points.

Having survived the 90's / 00's onslaught of advances in Jeep suspensions I learned to buy what suits my driving/activity and not what everyone else says is best.

My '95 YJ did fine with "only" a 4" lift and trimmed wheel wells to run 35's on the factory reverse-cut D30 and Cherokee XJ-sourced rear D44 (both installed with 4.88s, ARB lockers and DC driveshafts). Some lighter weight, locally made front+rear bumpers, sliders and rollcage completed the build. This "light/medium" build had me happy on FSRs, bush and light rocks without weekend damage preventing me from daily driving her.

Could I have gone all out with a front/rear full-size Jeep D44 swap (with 5.13 gearing) and 37's for rock-crawling dominance? Sure. Hell, I had the axles sitting in my warehouse from a Jeep Wagoneer Ltd restoration I'd completed. But it didn't make sense for my needs and after 25+ years, I've still got her to have fun in.

I personally know two senior Toyota Mechanics (not Techs who only do what the scanner says) who've been running caster correction bushings in their 80's for years. One wheels his hard and the other mostly highway/FSRs. Based on their feedback and my driving needs (FSRs, bush and the odd rockfall) I'll be ordering the OME caster correction bushings.

Don't get me wrong, if I wheeled my 80 harder I'd want the added insurance of a shiny set of shiny new Delta control arms. But I don't and my Jeep experience taught me to build my vehicles according to my own needs (and budget) and let everyone else do the same.

It's cool to see you both make nice - nobody likes it when mom and dad fight :flipoff2:

Bushings might not be for everyone but they aren't snake oil either.
The old man emu bushings work fine for plenty of people. Depending on climate, time, and use (daily driving, light wheeling, or rock crawling) the old man emu bushings will work for 1 years or 10 years.
The worst thing for the life of bushings is articulation and flex from rock crawling. For a 2" lift on a rig that only sees forest service roads and typical "overlanding" ome bushings are plenty good as long as they get you back to at least 2+ degrees.
There are many caster correction methods and none of then are perfect. They all have pros and cons.
Aftermarket arms are not the holy grail.

I gotta say @COYS , I agree with @leonard_nemoy but you've both got valid points.

Having survived the 90's / 00's onslaught of advances in Jeep suspensions I learned to buy what suits my driving/activity and not what everyone else says is best.

My '95 YJ did fine with "only" a 4" lift and trimmed wheel wells to run 35's on the factory reverse-cut D30 and Cherokee XJ-sourced rear D44 (both installed with 4.88s, ARB lockers and DC driveshafts). Some lighter weight, locally made front+rear bumpers, sliders and rollcage completed the build. This "light/medium" build had me happy on FSRs, bush and light rocks without weekend damage preventing me from daily driving her.

Could I have gone all out with a front/rear full-size Jeep D44 swap (with 5.13 gearing) and 37's for rock-crawling dominance? Sure. Hell, I had the axles sitting in my warehouse from a Jeep Wagoneer Ltd restoration I'd completed. But it didn't make sense for my needs and after 25+ years, I've still got her to have fun in.

I personally know two senior Toyota Mechanics (not Techs who only do what the scanner says) who've been running caster correction bushings in their 80's for years. One wheels his hard and the other mostly highway/FSRs. Based on their feedback and my driving needs (FSRs, bush and the odd rockfall) I'll be ordering the OME caster correction bushings.

Don't get me wrong, if I wheeled my 80 harder I'd want the added insurance of a shiny set of shiny new Delta control arms. But I don't and my Jeep experience taught me to build my vehicles according to my own needs (and budget) and let everyone else do the same.

It's cool to see you both make nice - nobody likes it when mom and dad fight :flipoff2:
All g homey. 👊🏼

Pls post up your post bushing alignment specs if you ever go through the trouble and expense to get it done. For some reason, many who run caster bushings (aka cheap route) don’t verify what their alignment specs are because they ob don’t give af about the end result.

I DO. 😁

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom